Largest Manufacturing Technology
Community On The Web
Close
Login to Your Account

Page 39 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Scottl, from my limited understanding what we are experiencing is the effect of marketing boards, basically saying you are allowed to have so many milk cows. If you are not a member you can't sell your milk (legally). It basically is a monopoly with set prices due to no real competition. At one point many years ago it likely was a good idea, over time it has made a select group of farmers very wealthy. We have egg marketing boards as well.

Michigan Buck, often we cross over to Washington to buy groceries due to the prices. The cost of groceries (except junk food) is not taxed in Canada so it likely doesn't contribute to Health Care costs. The government has plenty of other ways to tax people, unfortunately.

Dave

2. Likes michiganbuck, Scottl liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We have to buy potatoes in Canada because they are not allowed to cross the border.. understandable because of potatoes diseases ..

Wow then with not taxes I wonder why Canada food is so much higher than in the USA.

We certainly welcome Canadians to shop in the USA.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Plenty of bozos in Canada just like the USA .. pumping smoke and mirrors..

Steve the owner of rental cabins, a gas dock and fishing camp and his wife came to our fish camp to argue to vote for incorporating with Blind River .Got hopping mad when we said no.. ..

Few years later with getting low on gas went across the portage and down the lake to Steve’s to purchase some.

He said…Can’t sell gas anymore and had to sell the cabins because taxes went higher than what money I could make.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    Plenty of bozos in Canada just like the USA .. pumping smoke and mirrors..
    most people are idiots, on either side of any imaginary line, how else to you explain the governments we both get?

6. Likes 72bwhite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Does the Danish healthcare system offer free treatment for turgidity?

turgid Definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
    I would think they would,
    properly applied as a medical term, cells are turgid or flaccid,
    so if one was to take too many woody pills, one might have a turgidity problem.
    but I understand treatment can be a bit painful.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think this guy ( another Bozo) pulled this crap twice and likely to get off.. But If one of the dads Punched him in the nose the dad would go to jail.

Anthony Weiner could face charges for sexting an underage girl.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think this guy ( another Bozo) pulled this crap twice and likely to get off.. But If one of the dads Punched him in the nose the dad would go to jail.

Anthony Weiner could face charges for sexting an underage girl.
    and when has a politician ever done real time for anything

10. Likes michiganbuck liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ref: a Bozo is a clown in high places who does only for himself .. or is to stupid to do anything of value. OMHO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ref: a Bozo is a clown in high places who does only for himself .. or is to stupid to do anything of value. OMHO.

like cheeto man and his cartel?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Actually think half our people ripping on Trump is not good for the country.

Country
    CHINA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Actually think half our people ripping on Trump is not good for the country.
    Disagree with you on this. In fact, I wish more than half the country had been ripping on the previous three or four. They have all been absolute shit. I keep hoping that if people rip on them hard enough, maybe some day we can get someone who cares about the country instead of themselves.

At least he's pretty impartial, he rags on both sides. Good example for all of us ...

Why Did Hillary Run ?

Wonder why no one but Rolling Stone runs Taibbi's stuff ? They are all on the take ? Why is he the only one that calls these people out ?

15. Likes Scottl liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Why was Hillary allowed to to run after beat by Obama.. because the country is run like a TV show..with dopes doing the picking.. and so many people who can not think for themselves but go by TV news stars telling them who to vote for... Christy is a Bozo he was not a presidential pick..Bush could never win..
    Trump grandstanded what people are sick and tired of and so got elected..not that he was presidential material but the only one with any balls.

Hillary had too much against her from the start and did not address many problems so was just another Obama..Minimum wage in a country that has not enough jobs is not very smart IMHO... that is why I can't have a paper boy.. how can we pay the boy $15 an hour.

Used to be Go across the street and get more money because there was a job.. Now loose a job and go on Welfare ..

Still Trump is a rude, mouthy guy with the right ideas and good intentions..If he does head us to war then he may do some good..

Yes If he makes more jobs people will have to go to work.... and that is harder than sitting ones but.. hope people are up to working.

Country
    CHINA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Holy crap! It sounds as if in some ways Canada is even more F***ed up than us with regard to over-regulation. Seems a long way off from the days when my grandparents left.
    Agriculture is like that in every country. Sorry. US is just as bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The USA may be just as bad with over regulation, but the end result is that it certainly isn't as expensive as Canadian food prices. Poutine and toques might be cheaper here though (but if you do manage to find either in the USA I doubt it will be more expensive).

Traveling in the Pacific North West (Washington, Oregon, Idaho ...) the price of fluids (milk, gas, alcohol, pop) and junk food (chips etc.) are always cheaper but vegetable/fruit prices vary widely (often between towns close to each other). Why this happens doesn't seem to be necessarily related to truck routes, town size etc. It does appear to be related to consumer expectations/history and how mobile local consumers might be. Fortunately (?) for us the highest prices for fruit and veg in the USA at most is equivalent to local prices where we live.

Strange things like Basmati rice (can't bring rice into the USA as well) is more expensive in the US when we can find it. It is likely only cheap locally (Vancouver-BC) due to the large ethnic populations here.

SeaMoss, just how expensive is Poutine in China these days?

Dave

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oklahoma
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Does the Danish healthcare system offer free treatment for turgidity?

turgid Definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
    Turgidity, eh. Yeah, several meanings. Being that's it you who brought it up, I'm going with "swollen". Y'know like your...head?Trading with a sane president...

Squire:grinning

P.S. The OED is the place ya wanna turn when you want a dictionary. Cambridge? Lot of lefties in that place! Unsound.

Sent Using Tapatalk - Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma, Tahlequah OK

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by OldSquier View Post
    Turgidity, eh. Yeah, several meanings. Being that's it you who brought it up, I'm going with "swollen". Y'know like your...head?Trading with a sane president...

Squire:grinning

P.S. The OED is the place ya wanna turn when you want a dictionary. Cambridge? Lot of lefties in that place! Unsound.

Scottl suffers from trollitis. Lucky for him it isn't fatal but causes a PITA to all he comes in contact with.

It can be cured but only by the intervention of a moderator

21. Likes OldSquier liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oklahoma
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave D View Post
    The USA may be just as bad with over regulation, but the end result is that it certainly isn't as expensive as Canadian food prices. Poutine and toques might be cheaper here though (but if you do manage to find either in the USA I doubt it will be more expensive).

Traveling in the Pacific North West (Washington, Oregon, Idaho ...) the price of fluids (milk, gas, alcohol, pop) and junk food (chips etc.) are always cheaper but vegetable/fruit prices vary widely (often between towns close to each other). Why this happens doesn't seem to be necessarily related to truck routes, town size etc. It does appear to be related to consumer expectations/history and how mobile local consumers might be. Fortunately (?) for us the highest prices for fruit and veg in the USA at most is equivalent to local prices where we live.

Strange things like Basmati rice (can't bring rice into the USA as well) is more expensive in the US when we can find it. It is likely only cheap locally (Vancouver-BC) due to the large ethnic populations here.

Dave
    Poutine! That one threw me bro - Poutine cheaper there than here? OK. Don't have to pay for mine, so haven't checked Oklahoma prices lately. Now, Chinese poutines' got to be another thing altogether. Does the Communist state own THAT productive machinery too? LOLTrading with a sane president... Poutine - Putain? Hell, if ya want cheese fries with gravy, say so. $3.25 + tax at Boomerang Diner here in Tahlequah, OK. Anything else is, well, extra!

Squire

Country
    CHINA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave D View Post
    Closest thing I have seen is some concoction Bungler King came up with. It was edible but not exactly great.

Imported food here is ridiculous. Campbell's Soup for $4 or $5 a can ? Cheapest, crappiest roadkill hamburger you can find, ~ $7. They slammed the door on all the young foreigners who did little restaurants in the gussy-up for the 2010 Expo and it never came back

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The presidential election in France today (Sunday 23rd) to find the two candidates with the most votes is going to be interesting. One of the two candidates with the most votes will be the next French president after the next vote in May.

The interesting part, to me, is the fact that this time it isn't about "left" or "right" as voters seem to be fed up with politics and politicians only dealing with "left" or "right".

Equally interesting is that the presidential front runners lean towards a French version of Brexit.

Let's see what happens.

French presidential election, 2�17 - Wikipedia

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by OldSquier View Post
    Poutine! That one threw me bro - Poutine cheaper there than here? OK.
    I'm almost proud to admit I had to Google to find out what Poutine is

Poutine - Wikipedia

I've never heard of it or seen it here. I hope it remains that way