What's new
What's new

US boss held in China leaves plant after payout

I was reading that story also. I don't know why he gave into their demands.. If somebody would hold me hostage I wouldn't do what they say.

That's why the American boss isn't supposed to go there... Hire a Chinese "straw boss", when the workers kill him, you just hire another.

Dennis

I thought wages in India were higher than in China? That guy has to be about as greedy as you can get, moving a whole factory, to save how much? What do they make?

Don't know about the wages, but in India it is a prestigious to be a call center representative to the US.

They also have pan handlers that go to doctors to have fingers, hands, legs and etc. amputated to make them "look" better than the next beggar who may not have anything wrong with them.

I thought wages in India were higher than in China? That guy has to be about as greedy as you can get, moving a whole factory, to save how much? What do they make?

Several days ago they had this on the news,,,,

as to what they make?............ check your local hospital operation room..... they make Medical supplies
whacha think is better... chineee or india stuff????

Gime good old J&J made rat here in New Jersey...... or at least it was ...

That article dosn't even attempt to explain the situation, in another it was stated that a plant was closing and the laid off workers were being offered a compensation package, workers from other plants that were not at risk of being laid off wanted the same package being offered to the others. They are the ones that held him hostage, crazy.

That article dosn't even attempt to explain the situation, in another it was stated that a plant was closing and the laid off workers were being offered a compensation package, workers from other plants that were not at risk of being laid off wanted the same package being offered to the others. They are the ones that held him hostage, crazy.

Reading the other articles helps clear this up. The hostage takers were idiots. They lost their jobs that were secure. Some will be hired back, but I do not know why.

A storm in a glass of water. this type of thing happens regularly around the world and at least this time nobody seemed to get killed. He wasn't more a hostage than he was allowed to talk to the press :)

Even here in good old peaceful Denmark strikes can occasionaly get violent.

I guess the media had a day where there wasn't much else happening.

Gordon

P.S. I'm not anti strike but I've always thought they should only be used as a last resort. Too often it's the first course of action.

"It's not rare in China for managers to be held by workers demanding back pay or other benefits, often from their Chinese owners. Police are reluctant to intervene, as they consider it a business dispute, and local officials typically are eager to see the matter resolved in a way least likely to fuel unrest."

Yep, China is just a paradise of capitalism :rolleyes5:

"It's not rare in China for managers to be held by workers demanding back pay or other benefits, often from their Chinese owners. Police are reluctant to intervene, as they consider it a business dispute, and local officials typically are eager to see the matter resolved in a way least likely to fuel unrest."

Yep, China is just a paradise of capitalism :rolleyes5:

At least you did put quote marks around that :) What do you suggest police do in any country? Go in with guns blazing?

Nobody seems to have been hurt unlike what happened when a (Danish) newspaper put a few cartoons in it. Peaceful strikes and protests nowadays aren't particulary common.

Gordon

Peasants?

I could be wrong but wan't it the immigration of European peasants that made the USA what it is today?

If by " USA what it is today" you mean the current mess of immigration, then you're wrong, as they are Mexican peasants ( farm workers, laborers, sharecroppers )
OTOH if you mean the status of the US as the #1 economy of the world, then you're wrong as it is in large part and partial of European craftsman and professionals rather than peasants.

Back