US international trading with an insane president - Page 74
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 74 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 2463
  1. #1461
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2238
    Likes (Received)
    2497

    Default

    I an surprised bad guys don't hack our nuclear power plants and blow them up.. if they can be safe one would think the CIA could have safe computers.. If the CIA guys can not be smart enough then we better go back to 009 Maxwell Smart for a better way.

  2. #1462
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    2,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1353
    Likes (Received)
    2710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    I an surprised bad guys don't hack our nuclear power plants and blow them up.. if they can be safe one would think the CIA could have safe computers.. If the CIA guys can not be smart enough then we better go back to 009 Maxwell Smart for a better way.
    Our higher politicians are not following the security rules they are supposed to adhere to and who is really going to enforce it?

  3. Likes JoeE. liked this post
  4. #1463
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2238
    Likes (Received)
    2497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JNieman View Post
    Our higher politicians are not following the security rules they are supposed to adhere to and who is really going to enforce it?
    Agree. Perhaps we need to have some high schoolers or grade schoolers give them some good advice. Or send our higher politicians to the office for a scolding and a good wack.

  5. Likes JNieman, JoeE. liked this post
  6. #1464
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1146
    Likes (Received)
    1305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by conceptdevelopers View Post
    I haven't had time to read the top story but I did read the CNN story. There are some important facts "hid" in this story, which once I read it I remember hearing about.
    First off she was arrested initially in 2013, long before Trump came around. She was arrested and charged with being in the country illegally and stealing someone's identity, I.E. ss#. She was in the process of getting deported for that crime for years and it just so happened as slow as the court system drags on it took along time for it to happen. I know she was brought to this country as a minor and the weight of that falls on her parents for putting their child in that situation
    So now we are supposed to forgive someone for crossing the border AND stealing someone's I.D.?
    Do you equate using a false SSN to selling drugs, gang killings, human trafficking or rape? There should be a e priority assigned to deportations. It is like the moral high ground people take saying steeling is steeling, and they want the kid who steels bread to feed his sick mother prosecuted the same as the bank robber with a gun. I am not against deportation of criminal illegals, but lets put the ones who committed crimes out of necessity way below the ones who are violent. Once we run out of the ones who are really dangerous, then we can discuss with the non violent offenders.

    dee
    ;-D

  7. Likes Greg White liked this post
  8. #1465
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    754
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    391
    Likes (Received)
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by conceptdevelopers View Post
    First off she was arrested initially in 2013, long before Trump came around. She was arrested and charged with being in the country illegally and stealing someone's identity, I.E. ss#. She was in the process of getting deported for that crime for years and it just so happened as slow as the court system drags on it took along time for it to happen. I know she was brought to this country as a minor and the weight of that falls on her parents for putting their child in that situation
    So now we are supposed to forgive someone for crossing the border AND stealing someone's I.D.?
    The lady in question wasn't being deported 'slowly", as part of the agreement made after she was released she had to check in with ICE once a year. She was detained when she went into ICE for the yearly check-in.

  9. Likes JoeE. liked this post
  10. #1466
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Garland TX
    Posts
    348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    136
    Likes (Received)
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dcsipo View Post
    Do you equate using a false SSN to selling drugs, gang killings, human trafficking or rape? There should be a e priority assigned to deportations. It is like the moral high ground people take saying steeling is steeling, and they want the kid who steels bread to feed his sick mother prosecuted the same as the bank robber with a gun. I am not against deportation of criminal illegals, but lets put the ones who committed crimes out of necessity way below the ones who are violent. Once we run out of the ones who are really dangerous, then we can discuss with the non violent offenders.


    dee
    ;-D
    First of all this is nothing but enforcement of laws that are on the books. This all started in 2013. She has been in the system since, awaiting a conclusion which was undoubtedly drug on as courts are bogged down and lawyers do their best to run out the clock. Whom ever was in charge of our government at that time, Obama, sanctioned raids on employers and she was caught up in one. If she didn't have fake I.D. none of this would have happened. I do not consider identity theft a victimless crime.
    Check out Mexico's laws and see what would happen to a U.S. citizen that tried to do the same there.
    I'm sorry, again I think it is sad she set all this up to happen, but it is illegal to sneak in this country and steal someone's identity.

  11. Likes Monarchist, Modelman, Scottl, Edster, yardbird and 1 others liked this post
  12. #1467
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Edison Washington USA
    Posts
    9,937
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    777
    Likes (Received)
    4385

    Default

    Basically you are not denying the facts-

    Which are- Currently ICE is deporting people whose ONLY crime is having used a phony SS.
    This, its absolutely true, is illegal.

    However, if we believe Donald Trump's numbers of 3 Million Illegal Criminals- then he has a LOT of work to do before we get to the priority of the other 7 or 8 million people who only crime is using a phony SSN or just being here illegally.
    All LEO's agree we need to prioritize, and get the father rapers and mother stabbers first, then work our way down to the people who have committed no crimes beyond working and paying taxes. (And illegals pay literally billions in taxes every year)

    The whole point is- Obama had a concentrated program to find the most dangerous criminals, and deport them- at the highest numbers ever in the history of the country, averaging between 250,000 and 400,000 per year during his term.

    The current policy is, as I said, pick the low hanging fruit- non-criminals who are so law abiding they come in on their own and register, rather than the hard work of tracking down the actual criminals who dont want to be found.

    This is what Trump should be doing, but it doesnt generate immediate headlines, which is all he lives for.
    Real criminal investigation takes time, money, and manpower.
    Its hard.
    Trump has disorganized the Homeland Security Department, just like the rest of the government, by firing the experienced leaders, and not appointing replacements.
    So far, out of the 662 high level positions he needs to appoint, he has put forward names for around 35.
    He needs to quit tweeting, and start working- our government needs those 600 plus appointments at least started in process.
    In addition, there are another 3000 or so appointments that dont require congressional approval. He has barely done any of those, either.

    So ICE is going for quick, easy headlines.

  13. Likes Monarchist, Bobw, daryl bane, Mcgyver, JoeE. and 2 others liked this post
  14. #1468
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Garland TX
    Posts
    348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    136
    Likes (Received)
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by triumph406 View Post
    The lady in question wasn't being deported 'slowly", as part of the agreement made after she was released she had to check in with ICE once a year. She was detained when she went into ICE for the yearly check-in.
    Not quite accurate. Here's a snip it from the CNN article, not excactly a conservative stronghold.

    "She was convicted in March 2009 of criminal impersonation for having a fake Social Security number, a sixth-degree felony.

    Because of her crime and citizenship status, a voluntary departure order was entered by the court. She appealed and lost, her lawyer Ray Maldonado said.


    How did she get on ICE's radar?

    She became the subject of a court-issued removal order that became final in July 2013. This is where the story starts to diverge.

    US Immigration and Customs Enforcement said she was put on notice that she would eventually be deported back to her home country. She was put under an order of supervision, which required her to report on a provided schedule to an ICE office until her order of removal was "affected," or acted on.

    Her lawyer said she signed papers in 2013 acknowledging the order. She understood that deportation "was a possibility" but not a foregone conclusion, he said. "

  15. Likes Monarchist, Scottl liked this post
  16. #1469
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Garland TX
    Posts
    348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    136
    Likes (Received)
    87

    Default

    You are aware that the recent raids were planned and the process started way before Trump came into office

  17. Likes Monarchist liked this post
  18. #1470
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1146
    Likes (Received)
    1305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by conceptdevelopers View Post
    First of all this is nothing but enforcement of laws that are on the books. This all started in 2013. She has been in the system since, awaiting a conclusion which was undoubtedly drug on as courts are bogged down and lawyers do their best to run out the clock. Whom ever was in charge of our government at that time, Obama, sanctioned raids on employers and she was caught up in one. If she didn't have fake I.D. none of this would have happened. I do not consider identity theft a victimless crime.
    Check out Mexico's laws and see what would happen to a U.S. citizen that tried to do the same there.
    I'm sorry, again I think it is sad she set all this up to happen, but it is illegal to sneak in this country and steal someone's identity.
    The whole point was about priorities. Frump Dump Lump wants to posture as the tough guy so they go after the easy targets. That is so macho ...Find the gang leaders, killers, rapist get them out of here first.


    dee
    ;-D

  19. #1471
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Garland TX
    Posts
    348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    136
    Likes (Received)
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dcsipo View Post
    The whole point was about priorities. Frump Dump Lump wants to posture as the tough guy so they go after the easy targets. That is so macho ...Find the gang leaders, killers, rapist get them out of here first.


    dee
    ;-D
    Trump isn't riding around giving orders to ICE agents. I'd be willing to bet his involvement stopped after he gave the orders to start enforcing the laws on the books. And again the recent raids were planned last year.

  20. Likes Monarchist liked this post
  21. #1472
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1146
    Likes (Received)
    1305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by conceptdevelopers View Post
    Trump isn't riding around giving orders to ICE agents. I'd be willing to bet his involvement stopped after he gave the orders to start enforcing the laws on the books. And again the recent raids were planned last year.
    He changed to policy to go after target rich areas.


    dee
    ;-D

  22. #1473
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Garland TX
    Posts
    348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    136
    Likes (Received)
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dcsipo View Post
    He changed to policy to go after target rich areas.


    dee
    ;-D
    Please, I stay well informed and I hadn't heard that. Besides what are you supposed to do look in places people aren't? If he wasn't going to "target rich areas" he would be a fool

  23. Likes Monarchist, Modelman, Scottl, yardbird liked this post
  24. #1474
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1146
    Likes (Received)
    1305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monarchist View Post
    And you, Sir, are doing something else entirely?

    Or had you not noticed the similarity?

    HE at least is doing HIS noise-making in front of God, Congress, Courts, Activists, a hundred million and more very, very concerned US citizens, and the strange menage a trois crossbreed between opportunism, mendacity, and the Devil we call the "American media".

    Taking HIS lumps in public, whist you hide-out here, safe and sound.
    Are you saying Trump is an easy target? Should I be charitable to him? On what basis, he has a job and in my opinion he is neglecting it. This is not the only place where i voice my opnion. My representatives must know me on a first name basis right now.

    dee
    ;-D

  25. #1475
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1146
    Likes (Received)
    1305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monarchist View Post
    "Charitable"?

    No.. but when your opinion recycled endlessly becomes a long-running saga, as repetitious as it has become, it should be no surprise folks brand you obsessed and seek another channel, if only for different wording of the same tired attacks.

    His faux pas are being dealt with. Effectively so.

    PM - the usual story with any of Gordo's threads - becomes a slugfest between wingnuts mentally masturbating themselves. And each other.

    Enjoy that, do you?

    You can have my share as well, then.

    I have trash of my own to take to the landfill.
    I am happy to keep you company .

    dee
    ;-D

  26. Likes Greg White liked this post
  27. #1476
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Posts
    506
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    74
    Likes (Received)
    371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ries View Post
    ...The whole point is- Obama had a concentrated program to find the most dangerous criminals, and deport them- at the highest numbers ever in the history of the country, averaging between 250,000 and 400,000 per year during his term.
    I'm sorry but this is inaccurate (or at least misleading). Total deportations under Obama ran about half of Bush and Clinton. 12.3 million under Clinton, 10.3 million under Bush, 5.3 million under Obama.

    Most of the deportations under Obama's last 6 years were border turn-backs. Only 65K removed from the interior of the country. (click on the cartoon)

    The Obama Record on Deportations: Deporter in Chief or Not? | migrationpolicy.org

    pb-jan2017-f1-581x250.png

  28. #1477
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Edison Washington USA
    Posts
    9,937
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    777
    Likes (Received)
    4385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    I'm sorry but this is inaccurate (or at least misleading). Total deportations under Obama ran about half of Bush and Clinton. 12.3 million under Clinton, 10.3 million under Bush, 5.3 million under Obama.

    Most of the deportations under Obama's last 6 years were border turn-backs. Only 65K removed from the interior of the country. (click on the cartoon)

    The Obama Record on Deportations: Deporter in Chief or Not? | migrationpolicy.org

    pb-jan2017-f1-581x250.png


    If you read this link you posted, you will see that, in the significant category, "Removals", Obama leads by almost 1 million.

    Removals is when you round up people already in the country, and deport them.
    This is what most people refer to when they use the word "deport".

    The other two categories, "Border Apprehensions" and "Returns" refer to either bouncing people back at the border (apprehensions) or just doing what trump is doing- rounding up the average, non-criminal immigrant, and telling them to leave or be arrested.

    So, your charts prove exactly what I said-
    Under Obama, there was an intentional policy of focusing immigration officials on finding and deporting actual criminals.

    Under Bush and Clinton, they instead did "returns", which are low priority, but easy.

    Here were the Obama priorities that Trump is now ignoring for headlines, from the your link.
    The chart you linked to said 77% of the people deported under Obama were Priority 1.
    The people ICE is rounding up now are, more and more, not even Priority 3, but simply illegal border crossers randomly picked up in sweeps.
    Which do YOU think we should be focusing on?


    • Priority 1: National security threats, noncitizens apprehended immediately at the border, gang members, and noncitizens convicted of felonies or aggravated felonies as defined in immigration law.
    • Priority 2: Noncitizens convicted of three or more misdemeanors or one serious misdemeanor, those who entered or re-entered the United States unlawfully after January 1, 2014, and those who have significantly abused visa or visa waiver programs.
    • Priority 3: Noncitizens subject to a final order of removal issued on or after January 1, 2014.

  29. #1478
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Edison Washington USA
    Posts
    9,937
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    777
    Likes (Received)
    4385

    Default

    Here are a couple of interesting recent events that are actually on the subject of the thread- Trade.

    First, although Trump has not actually changed any trade deals with Mexico, or begun even designing a "wall", he has managed to screw up our relationships with Mexico, one of our largest trading partners, just thru tweets.

    Texas cattlemen are not too happy-
    The first casualties of Trump's trade wars are Texas cattle ranchers | Commentary | Dallas News

    Kansas Southern Rail is wincing-
    http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascit...ation-for.html

    and then, we have corn and soy farmers starting to squirm-
    ‘No Mas’ to U.S. Corn Imports, Mexico Senator Says | Successful Farming

    Trump-enomics: Mexico Considers Purchasing Soy From Argentina | The Bubble | Argentina News

    Luckily for us, we know Trump changes his mind hourly, and twice an hour on days ending in "Y", so its quite possible we will just open our borders with Mexico and adopt all their kids next week.

    But the way things look right now, US companies that actually trade internationally are all wondering WTF is happening.

  30. #1479
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    84
    Likes (Received)
    79

    Default

    generally, other countries need to trade with the usa more than the usa needs to trade with them. the usa is the number one target for most other countries in which to establish markets for their products.

  31. #1480
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    997
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    71
    Likes (Received)
    147

    Default

    "generally, other countries need to trade with the usa more than the usa needs to trade with them. the usa is the number one target for most other countries in which to establish markets for their products."

    America is a major player in trade in the west. To say they are the number one target for most other countries is like saying everyone wants to live in the USA. So many variables and for many parts of the world simply not true. If you had said China, India etc. for trade maybe truer and nice to believe but again generalizations don't really work.

    Dave


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •