Close
Login to Your Account

Page 90 of 103 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 2059
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    Question: Can you pick and choose which of the strikers you want to fire?

If you do won't that give an even bigger problem?

BTW I am very much against striking without notice but if they had given notice what would your reaction/response have been?
    This whole "support immigrant" crap just pisses me off. The media and leftist have distorted this so far out of reality it is sickening. This is about sending CRIMINAL ILLEGAL ALIENS away, not to return. Anybody that can object to that can go with them as far as I'm concerned. Which one of you would leave your front door and let anyone in. Then someday you choose to help some folks and the thugs come too. What are you supposed to do?
    This whole issue has been intentionally distorted by the media and others that want to do this country harm.

2. Likes Modelman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    I think he's complaining about the way it's being spun. We have senior dems calling it worse than Watergate, etc.
    There are lots of things that happen which are worse than Watergate. Watergate wouldn't cause anyone to bat an eye, if it happened today. Ethics in politics continues to slide downhill.

4. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by conceptdevelopers View Post
    This is about sending CRIMINAL ILLEGAL ALIENS away, not to return.
    People are not pissed off about that. Anyone telling you people want to coddle illegally immigrated felons or criminals is lying to you. The issue is /what/ is being done, /how/ they're doing it, and the /cost/ of plans that might not even have an effect. Pissing in the wind.

6. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JNieman View Post
    People are not pissed off about that. Anyone telling you people want to coddle illegally immigrated felons or criminals is lying to you. The issue is /what/ is being done, /how/ they're doing it, and the /cost/ of plans that might not even have an effect. Pissing in the wind.
    Don't you watch the news? The criminal illegal alien is completely left out of the story. It's all referred as deporting immigrants. People going on a days strike because of the fact the law is being enforced. It's just wrong

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

so the russians hacked dnc emails and exposed some of the real ideologies of the democratic party. so what. the truth shall set you free, correct? i find it rather refreshing to confirm what seemed obvious with black and white text.
    perhaps the russians should have been more forward with their intentions since obama's 'transparent' meddling in israel's most recent election involving netanyahu came without much of a squeak from the left. maybe it was russia's preference for anonymity that caused the democrats to go berserk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Obama deported more criminal aliens than ever before.
    Trump is deporting mothers, college kids, and other people with no criminal records.
    And missing a lot of actual criminals, because, you know, thats hard. They dont check in regularly, and tell you their addresses and phone numbers.
    This is a case of low hanging fruit.

Mexican ‘DREAMer’ nabbed in immigrant crackdown
    | Reuters

like all hardened criminals, this mom went to Mass before going, voluntarily to her scheduled appointment with government agents- cause thats what criminals do, right?

Mom deported in Arizona immigration case has no regrets - CNN.com

10. Likes iwananew10K, triumph406 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MJR7 View Post
    so the russians hacked dnc emails and exposed some of the real ideologies of the democratic party. so what. the truth shall set you free, correct? i find it rather refreshing to confirm what seemed obvious with black and white text.
    perhaps the russians should have been more forward with their intentions since obama's 'transparent' meddling in israel's most recent election involving netanyahu came without much of a squeak from the left. maybe it was russia's preference for anonymity that caused the democrats to go berserk.
    you mean like bibi's transparent meddling in our election?

so maybe all political emails should be public?

trumpsky has nothing to hide, that is why he won't release his tax returns. The truth shall set you free indeed

12. Likes JoeE., TheOldCar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't you watch the news? The criminal illegal alien is completely left out of the story. It's all referred as deporting immigrants. People going on a days strike because of the fact the law is being enforced. It's just wrong
    You're confusing the lack of condemnation of deporting illegals with supporting them being here. That's not the same.

What they (nor I) want is to NOT throw the baby out with the bathwater. Nor to further set precedents that may erode civil rights like W Bush and Obama have done a great job furthering.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Going on a days strike ? should get one fired IMHO

[the russians hacked dnc emails] The stories I read said poor and just stupid passwords were much to blame and Clinton having important stuff on phones and computers.

Seems a lot of stupid people..Like putting $20 bucks on the sidewalk and walk away hoping nobody takes it.

Many are quick to condemn Unions but in most union shops, and job shops having a few unexcused absentness and you are out the door.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ries View Post
    Trump is deporting mothers, college kids, and other people with no criminal records.
    And missing a lot of actual criminals, because, you know, thats hard. They dont check in regularly, and tell you their addresses and phone numbers.

| Reuters

like all hardened criminals, this mom went to Mass before going, voluntarily to her scheduled appointment with government agents- cause thats what criminals do, right?

I haven't had time to read the top story but I did read the CNN story. There are some important facts "hid" in this story, which once I read it I remember hearing about.
    First off she was arrested initially in 2013, long before Trump came around. She was arrested and charged with being in the country illegally and stealing someone's identity, I.E. ss#. She was in the process of getting deported for that crime for years and it just so happened as slow as the court system drags on it took along time for it to happen. I know she was brought to this country as a minor and the weight of that falls on her parents for putting their child in that situation
    So now we are supposed to forgive someone for crossing the border AND stealing someone's I.D.?

Country
    ALAND ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    Ginsberg is 83. Kennedy is 80. Breyer is 78. That's 2, possibly 3 justices to be replaced in the not too distant future.

A president Pence would appoint pro-lifers, MCConnell would blow up the rest of the fillibuster and seat them. SCOTUS would end up 7-2.

And that would be that for the progressive agenda.

Dems would be smart to make nice with Trump and get what they can, and use the time to rebuild their party.
    Dens would do well to "make nice" with Trump? Bbbwwaaaahahahaha....HahHahahhaaaahhhh!

Squire

Sent Using Tapatalk - Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma, Tahlequah OK

17. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Is that discrimination when a US citizen gets into more trouble than the guy who sneaks in against the rules...

Can you get in trouble for not filling out your Census form?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ries View Post

| Reuters

In addition to my last reply considering these "news" articles It is obvious by the way the stories were written they reporter had an agenda, not a desire to just report the facts. If you took all the fluff out of the story like "just leaving mass", and all the attempts to make her a victim, your left with a tale of parents who broke the law and at sometime she did too when she used a stolen identity. Personally I find it sad, but she crossed a line that brought her to this conclusion.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by metlmunchr View Post
    If Trump opens up his financial records, or is ultimately forced to open them, all the reasons why Trump is so much in love with Putin will become crystal clear.
    His records? Probably lead only to greater confusion, actually.

Two things I'd expect, Financier's hat on:

1) His 'empire' is so highly leveraged, has so much debt vs genuine equity, he may actually be a bankrupt.. still-yet.

2) It would be A-rab money that played the larger role in influencing him, not Rooshin.

3) Just as with 'classical' politicians, Trump can be bought, but will not stay bought. IOW - risky business for his partners to think they can trust or predict him in business any more than he can be trusted or predicted in politics.

Yes, that's three, not two. I did say "Financier", did I not? Deriving more than was asked for is what they pay us for.

Trump may have sought the Presidency simply to assure himself of a living income in retirement as his house-of-cards 'Empire' collapses.

He will then blame the collapse on the demands the Presidency placed on him, an unfair press, and the failure of the American people to 'understand him', then seek the approbation of a patriot and martyr who threw himself on the national grenade to save his fellow man.

Good luck with that, Donald. It was your own grenade, not ours.

Be aware that Americans only act stoopid, and even then, only part-time, and online.

His family? Sink or swim whether they can salvage his 'empire' or not.

He doesn't really care. He never did care.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    [the russians hacked dnc emails] The stories I read said poor and just stupid passwords were much to blame and Clinton having important stuff on phones and computers.
    To be fair, that's 90% of what successful hacking is. People leave a computer logged into Facebook, someone walks by, posts something stupid. Owner gets back "OMG I GOT HACKED".

Unfortuantely, "hacked" has been watered down to be equivalent to "unauthorized access" rather than actually breaking any security. Most significant 'hackers' in history will tell you (via speeches, novels, interviews) that it's mostly social engineering, not creating malicious software. Malicious software may be a component, but the actual breach in security is caused by human failings.

22. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I an surprised bad guys don't hack our nuclear power plants and blow them up.. if they can be safe one would think the CIA could have safe computers.. If the CIA guys can not be smart enough then we better go back to 009 Maxwell Smart for a better way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I an surprised bad guys don't hack our nuclear power plants and blow them up.. if they can be safe one would think the CIA could have safe computers.. If the CIA guys can not be smart enough then we better go back to 009 Maxwell Smart for a better way.
    Our higher politicians are not following the security rules they are supposed to adhere to and who is really going to enforce it?

25. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Automated systems does not mean Microsoft WinWOES is in use.

"Networked" does not mean "attached to the public internet".

The retirement my wife and I both were able to take prior to age 50 was funded by work with international, private leased circuits, Fortune 400, top downward, and the secure networks of major Governments.

Something like 80% of the valuable information assets the human race owns is NOT connected to the public internet. At all.

Cracking those systems on their separate networks and protocols is a non-trivial exercise, as it was meant to be, and must remain, Bruce Wills movies quite aside.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JNieman View Post
    Our higher politicians are not following the security rules they are supposed to adhere to and who is really going to enforce it?
    Agree. Perhaps we need to have some high schoolers or grade schoolers give them some good advice. Or send our higher politicians to the office for a scolding and a good wack.

28. Likes JNieman, JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I haven't had time to read the top story but I did read the CNN story. There are some important facts "hid" in this story, which once I read it I remember hearing about.
    First off she was arrested initially in 2013, long before Trump came around. She was arrested and charged with being in the country illegally and stealing someone's identity, I.E. ss#. She was in the process of getting deported for that crime for years and it just so happened as slow as the court system drags on it took along time for it to happen. I know she was brought to this country as a minor and the weight of that falls on her parents for putting their child in that situation
    So now we are supposed to forgive someone for crossing the border AND stealing someone's I.D.?
    Do you equate using a false SSN to selling drugs, gang killings, human trafficking or rape? There should be a e priority assigned to deportations. It is like the moral high ground people take saying steeling is steeling, and they want the kid who steels bread to feed his sick mother prosecuted the same as the bank robber with a gun. I am not against deportation of criminal illegals, but lets put the ones who committed crimes out of necessity way below the ones who are violent. Once we run out of the ones who are really dangerous, then we can discuss with the non violent offenders.

dee
    ;-D

30. Likes Greg White liked this post