USA and economic recovery - Page 7
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    I don't think that those that seem to be blind to the negative that Trump does realize that the USA is gtting torn further and further apart. It's gone beyond "dislike" of other opinions to something far, far worse.
    CEC, the Conservative Echo Chamber.. Not that what is going on now has anything to do with "conservative"...

do you get Rush Limbaugh, or Sean Hannity or any of that stuff over there in Denmark?? We used to have 4 Hate
    Speed AM stations here, now we have one.. Its some incredibly stupid stuff.. They occasionally take something
    real (or made up).. Make up something about the event, and then bitch about the thing they just made up..

Nancy Pelosi thinks that freedom of speech should be abolished... Stated as FACT, based on nothing.
    And then they bitch about Nancy Pelosi and how much she hates the constitution for half an hour...

My personal little game with AM radio on my way home.. I've got to be about 5 miles from the shop before I can
    get a decent radio station... Anyways.. I see how long it takes them to mention HILLARY!!!! (minus commercials
    for GOLD and Erectile drugs of course).. 90% of the time, its under 3 minutes..

In those 7-10 minutes before I can get a decent radio station, I spend a lot of time yelling at my radio.

Stuff like "When Hillary sold Russia 20% of our ENRICHED uranium....."...

Its really not hard to figure out where Alan gets his "alternative facts" from...

Its just LIES.. One I remember from last summer.. Hannity.. "The DOW since Trump has been in office,
    its up what? 50.. 60 percent..." And I KNEW it was up, been going up for a long time... But NO, not
    50 or 60%, so I just had to check.. 22% at that point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by alan speyrer View Post
    Job growth under Obozo was zero, not too mention he added 10 trillion to the deficit!
    Nope, when Bush left office, deficit was at 10 trillion, when Trump took office deficit was approaching 19 trillion.
    Bobw, you got to be fucking stupid! I went to your website you posted, click on the Gross federal debt graph, it was over 10 trillion when Obozo got in office and a little over 19 trillion when he left! Itís at 21 trillion now.
    So like I said, and with your website and graph prove Obozo almost doubled the Debt.
    It's tough to argue economics with someone who doesn't know the difference between the national debt and the federal deficit.

3. Likes Bobw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The deficit has grown!, Obozo didnít cut shit!, bunch of fucking liberal spending plans! You are totally wrong and ignorant to the facts!
    Bobw, you got to be fucking stupid! I went to your website you posted, click on the Gross federal debt graph, it was over 10 trillion when Obozo got in office and a little over 19 trillion when he left! Itís at 21 trillion now.
    So like I said, and with your website and graph prove Obozo almost doubled the Debt.
    But you said OBOZO didn't cut the deficit... The deficit was VERY CLEARLY cut
    by a rather significant percent.

Most of us learned the different between DEBT and DEFICIT in Jr. High Social Studies classes..

If you meant DEBT, you should have said DEBT, but you VERY CLEARLY wrote DEFICIT..

I'm not a F'n Mind Reader.

So your excuse is that you aren't INTENTIONALLY lying.. You just aren't smart enough
    to know the difference between DEBT and DEFICIT. I'm not sure if that makes me feel better
    or not.

5. Likes Gobo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Your a hypocrite!, blaming Bush for the poor economy. Blame Obozo for the poor performance as president.
    the economy tanked under Bush, the economy recovered under Obama, what is the mystery

7. Likes Bobw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobw View Post
    But you said OBOZO didn't cut the deficit... The deficit was VERY CLEARLY cut
    by a rather significant percent.

Most of us learned the different between DEBT and DEFICIT in Jr. High Social Studies classes..

If you meant DEBT, you should have said DEBT, but you VERY CLEARLY wrote DEFICIT..

I'm not a F'n Mind Reader.

So your excuse is that you aren't INTENTIONALLY lying.. You just aren't smart enough
    to know the difference between DEBT and DEFICIT. I'm not sure if that makes me feel better
    or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    the economy tanked under Bush, the economy recovered under Obama, what is the mystery
    Facts can't penetrate the bunker and foil hat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bush's buddys eliminated banking rules that were passed decades ago to prevent another great depression. So we had the great recession.
    Obama got those banking controls back into place and the economy slowly recovered.
    Trumpo has removed those banking controls and now we wait for the next republican caused recesion. Hopefully a democrat will reinstate the needed controls after the next time.
    Bil lD

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Bush's buddys eliminated banking rules that were passed decades ago to prevent another great depression. So we had the great recession.
    Obama got those banking controls back into place and the economy slowly recovered.
    Trumpo has removed those banking controls and now we wait for the next republican caused recesion. Hopefully a democrat will reinstate the needed controls after the next time.
    Bil lD
    Actually it was bush seniors buddies and Reagan....but bill clinton signed the 'market reform' the republicans had been fighting for...for decades.
    Remember the S&L crisis Reagan oversaw...that was a pre cursor.
    Obama tried to put some regulation in but there's just too much money to be stolen in banking so he pretty much failed.
    Now the republicans want to roll back what little protection the nations citizens got.

Par for the course.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    In Asia, the USA has never been the good guys.
    But remember Chenaultís mercenary fighter pilots they fought on Chinaís side against the Japanese, also to countries like South Korea and previously South Vietnam we were good guys. Include we did the right thing by rebuilding our enemies after WW 2. That went quite a ways in making friends and the uplifting of Japan and Germany were great examples. In Asia though, Germany is in Europe. We played a major role with China through Ping Pong diplomacy for sur encouraging China to change and enter the world and to open them up after Mao to the prospect of becoming what they have become. We kind of own in a sense that change and we wanted China to prosper preferably stepping away from Communism.

I think we have done some good in Asia by also Hong Kong, the Phillipines, Taiwan, Marinmar,and India. I know often it was or is a mixed bag in Asia with the U.S. China has been around for a long long time having one of if not the preimmeminate civilization which has stayed together and donít forget Japan and India. Amazing civilizations granted. I do think we wish to be friends with them all yet we have some basis in that things could turn to war if we all are not focused.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

do you get Rush Limbaugh, or Sean Hannity or any of that stuff over there in Denmark??
    All things taken into consideration our news is reasonably unbiased. That could be because of two things.

1. We can get the news from many other European countries at a click on the remote. Any blatant twisting of facts just wouldn't fly. Interesting too just how much our TV news seems to rely on newspapers for international news. There are reporters in just about all countries.

This shows we're not as perfect as some believe.

The Local - Denmark's News in English

2. People here just aren't as anti this and pro that as so many in here seem to be. Of course we don't agree but the animosity and hatred (?) just isn't there. Maybe the fact that we have so many parties to choose between helps. OK I also think our parliamentary system is more fair and "closer" to those that vote.

This is 4 years old and another prime minister but everything is the same.

http://www.ft.dk/~/media/pdf/publika...g_24s-pdf.ashx

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    All things taken into consideration our news is reasonably unbiased. That could be because of two things.

1. We can get the news from many other European countries at a click on the remote. Any blatant twisting of facts just wouldn't fly. Interesting too just how much our TV news seems to rely on newspapers for international news. There are reporters in just about all countries.

This shows we're not as perfect as some believe.

The Local - Denmark's News in English

2. People here just aren't as anti this and pro that as so many in here seem to be. Of course we don't agree but the animosity and hatred (?) just isn't there. Maybe the fact that we have so many parties to choose between helps. OK I also think our parliamentary system is more fair and "closer" to those that vote.

This is 4 years old and another prime minister but everything is the same.

http://www.ft.dk/~/media/pdf/publika...g_24s-pdf.ashx
    Sorry...
    I guess you don't understand.
    Rush, Hannity, The Blaze...aren't news sources.
    But their consumers don't WANT facts...the WANT their propaganda.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Its OATMEAL!!!

Tastes like cardboard, though I am quite fond of the Raisins and Spice instant packets...
    The oatmeal itself is the crappy part.. I'm still trying to figure out the perfect combination
    of sweeteners.. Molasses, brown sugar, honey, sugar, extra cinnamon etc..

And Oatmeal Raisin cookies... That's better than beer.
    Try grits man they are the boss and solid comfort food. It fits right in with bacon,eggs,and toast. Oatmeal is good too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Spinit View Post
    Try grits man they are the boss and solid comfort food. It fits right in with bacon,eggs,and toast. Oatmeal is good too.
    two things that suck about living in the NE, snow, and lack of grits

16. Likes Spinit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    two things that suck about living in the NE, snow, and lack of grits
    Sorghum and biscuits.
    Molasses and cornmeal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One of my favorites as a child was Cornmeal Mush, fried.

My grandma and mom both made it.. .grandma put molasses on it, my mom had pancake syrup.

Either way, it was great. I'd say it was a staple for poor people during hard times.

I've only had grits a few times.... once was on the Southwest Chief (Amtrak cross country passenger train).... that, and something they called "railroad french toast".. can't remember much about that except they put fresh strawberries on top of it....

19. Likes Spinit liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Us good ole southern boys were raised on grits!

21. Likes Spinit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    Jet engines.
    Elvis Presley videos and music. Memorabilia,karaoke.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeE. View Post
    One of my favorites as a child was Cornmeal Mush, fried.

My grandma and mom both made it.. .grandma put molasses on it, my mom had pancake syrup.

Either way, it was great. I'd say it was a staple for poor people during hard times.

I've only had grits a few times.... once was on the Southwest Chief (Amtrak cross country passenger train).... that, and something they called "railroad french toast".. can't remember much about that except they put fresh strawberries on top of it....
    I love French toast even more than pancakes and have my own recipe for that and also some fantastic Garlic bread. I use log cabin maple syrup on the French toast. Someone who has enjoyed grits a couple times and liked them treat yourself to getting some ordered and they are not hard to prepare then add in crunchy bacon bits-Heaven! Best to use white bread for French toast if the bread is not completely fresh ,unfolded yet not as bending as few day old bread no problem it makes it taste better take two eggs add a little milk (you could use three) mix them all in a large enough bowl to soak each side of the bread then use butter melted on the skillet cast iron of course not too hot (this is critical but hot enough to toast the toast liked grilled cheese sandwiches yet they come out softer flip early and often until done. Trial and practice will produce pro French toast!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SeaMoss View Post
    I don't s'pose you guys want to hear my recipe for spicy duck feet ?
    I would like to hear that and any recipes of Chinese cuisine as I love Chinese food Asian food across the board. I will send you a instant message to you to get my travelers papers from you. Soon this weekend.
    Best regards,
    Spinit

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

McCabe fired two days before full retirement by Trump. What a sorry and evil thing to do! I thought Trump was not so harmful,vengeful, and petty.