Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

VW "cheated" on their emission tests, so what? What are the consequences to the environment? I would suggest, likely not even measurable. This is a big deal to the EPA Nazi's and the alarmist media.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That's what the EPA is really about; huge fines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Wow! No wonder you prefer China to America. Too much freedom here apparently, including the freedom to go where public transportation doesn't. Definitely a hardcore urbanite.

If you think "Public transportation works really really good" you've never been to Boston.

The Kingston Trio - M.T.A. - YouTube

Somebody at the "T" with a sense of humor chose to name the electronic fare card "the Charlie Card".
    lots of things don't work in Boston, not that the system in LA is much better.
    where the metro link still doesn't get you to LAX one of the busiest airports in the world,
    and a real traffic and parking nightmare.

Country
    CHINA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Wow! No wonder you prefer China to America. Too much freedom here apparently, including the freedom to go where public transportation doesn't. Definitely a hardcore urbanite.
    Told ya that if you mess with people's car addiction, they will string you up

There is nowhere in China that doesn't have public transportation. And I've been some pretty grimy places.

Admittedly, the back of a three-wheeled contraption powered by a hit-and-miss engine, shared with three baby pigs and several chickens may not be what you are thinking of. But it does exist, and it's okay. You learn a lot about people by getting out there and rubbing elbows.

If you think "Public transportation works really really good" you've never been to Boston.
    You car guys did that. Look at your own history. In 1920 public transport in Boston was great. You tore it down, now you snivel that it's crap. Well ....

but like I said, even hinting that cars are not the best thing since sliced bread is asking for a lynching.

Good thing I have an ocean to protect me

Quote Originally Posted by 72bwhite View Post
    lots of things don't work in Boston, not that the system in LA is much better.
    where the metro link still doesn't get you to LAX one of the busiest airports in the world,
    and a real traffic and parking nightmare.
    You're lucky my Mom isn't around anymore. If you want to hear about the Big Red Cars (electric and non-polluting) and how easy it was to get around the entire LA basin, look her up when you get upstairs.

Again, tear it down then years later snivel that the three crummy scraps left behind "don't work". Sad

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SeaMoss View Post

You're lucky my Mom isn't around anymore. If you want to hear about the Big Red Cars (electric and non-polluting) and how easy it was to get around the entire LA basin, look her up when you get upstairs.

Again, tear it down then years later snivel that the three crummy scraps left behind "don't work". Sad

that is one of the thing I hate about living on the edge of LA having to drive to the downtown area
    and going to LAX the traffic and parking make it a real pain.
    then they play politics about where and how to do mass transit, you can't take the metro link to UCLA,
    the beach in Santa Monica, or LAX.
    the rich in Bevelyhills didn't want a station in their neighborhood might bring in the riffraff.
    held up one line for years.
    the RTD wants to spend the money on buses that people don't like to ride

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by clayguy View Post
    That's what the EPA is really about; huge fines.
    For many years they had no teeth.
    Dow had a couple plants that had 10k per day in fines as line items in the budget.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

VW will die any day now.
    It has been predicted from those who "know" the financials and money flow here and on many other sites for a bit.
    Bob