What's new
What's new

Will this New South Korean Trade Agreement really help manufacturers

FrogWithWings

Banned
farmers and who else?

I'm amazed that the farmers still need help. Just a quick stroll through the grocery store has me wondering what kind of imbalanced supply and demand exists. Pound for pound, most everything is much more expensive than gas.

Will this be another door opening for the US citizens to continue paying seemingly fixed prices while the "surplus" is sold elsewhere at greatly reduced prices in trade for what?

Have the prices of raw goods and manufacturing equipment become affordable and so much so that our best machines are in abundance because they are here and working full time with all the manufacturing jobs we have?

I haven't read what they are trying to pass, so I'm not making any judgments. However, it doesn't sound good at all.

"They" are voting on it today.

It will be a gift for the big agribusiness and no doubt investment bankings finance/commodity speculation arm.

American manufacturing will take it in the shorts. Koreans protect the home market. There are posts in this forum with data to support this. They violate our patents.

We should make them pay to keep our troops on the DMZ. Now that would be fair trade.

Didn't hear of it, any links?

it's all over cnn right now and all of yesterday

Listening to the b-party rhetoric does not even come close to giving a viewer WTH they are actually voting on.... I imagine 400+ pages of very fine print.

Ahh on CNN, seems every US TV news channel we get up here(7-8 of them?) is interested in anything but real news or content, its like a 24/7 drama series with bad actors convinced that the stupider the shit they say, and the redder their face gets from the yelling, the more right they are. Jerry springer is almost a step up.

Ahh on CNN, seems every US TV news channel we get up here(7-8 of them?) is interested in anything but real news or content, its like a 24/7 drama series with bad actors convinced that the stupider the shit they say, and the redder their face gets from the yelling, the more right they are. Jerry springer is almost a step up.

Ahhhh... I can certainly understand our media not making it convenient to watch the antics of our congress and senate, 24-7, for other countries...

it's free and broadcasted over the airwaves here

The multi-nationals will benefit, the average guy on the street will just be faced w/ more jobs loses as with all the other so called "free trade" agreements we've been duped into.

the only thing that its gonna help them in, is out sourcing more of our jobs

I skimmed through the high parts of it and chuckled today while listening to a puppet explain that this will be the best trade agreement ever and trade deficits do not matter.

I was always a hard math kinda guy and that trick math that cpa's do seem to defy all common sense and reasoning. Seems a lot like Fuller's version on psychedelics.

I skimmed through the high parts of it and chuckled today while listening to a puppet explain that this will be the best trade agreement ever and trade deficits do not matter.

I was always a hard math kinda guy and that trick math that cpa's do seem to defy all common sense and reasoning. Seems a lot like Fuller's version on psychedelics.
my sons a math major and in school now for his masters,(topology to be exact) and he would highly agree with you....

my sons a math major and in school now for his masters,(topology to be exact) and he would highly agree with you....

I've never been able to comprehend the mystical math my cpa performs when he does my corporate taxes or attempts to explain how it made good money yet, still owes me plenty and nobody else a damned thing.

I've never liked signing anything I didn't fully understand.

Crazy stuff.

Serious question, what would the consequences or ramifications be, if say, Cane and Paul were to get into office, then null and void all past trade agreements?

Would one or both of them get assassinated for even thinking about trying it?

Would the USA get a "time out" or a paddling?

Would one or both of them get assassinated for even thinking about attempting such?

Talking about Korea, I noticed on an older samsung hard drive from 2001 a line that said:

This product is not intended for sale in Korea.
A/S in Korea must be paid for.

Couldn't find what A/S is, some sort of tax? subsidy? or what?

Either way, free trade with a place that has the largest ship building and a bunch of other stuff, what could possibly be bad about that...
I wonder if it'll make the Doosan and other CNC's from there even more competitive eh?

I need to somehow copyright and collect royalties on the phrase " How did none of us see this coming? " cause it sure is gonna be used a lot in the future.

Im not sure why exactly you guys watch TV for your news.

I have this great app for my iphone and ipad called Aljazeera english.

Aljazeera does still have a bit of bias, but its only about 1% of what we have on Fox and CNN.

Aljazeera talk about EVERYTHING!!!

US, Europe, Africa, South America. EVERYWHERE...

Very good writing, and like i said before, far less bias.

People that turn the TV on for news are funny.

bye

Aljazeera does still have a bit of bias, but its only about 1% of what we have on Fox and CNN.

bye

Now THAT'S funny.:D

I don't care who you are.

Please don't lump me in w/ all the stupid people who get sucked into the televised pop-culture-media agenda/bias.

I killed my TV 20 yrs ago. I would suggest to everyone to tune out of American pop culture.

I have to agree w/ you about getting news via foreign media. Getting it from the US its going to be biased by corporate money or an agenda much deeper than what you might get from say BBC or Aljezeera.

Im not sure why exactly you guys watch TV for your news....

bye

is it just my dementia kicking in or does it actually appear, in true cart before the horse manner, now our servants are looking into "currency manipulation" with other countries, in which trade agreements have already been entered....?

bye

Nothing new here.

If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed.

- Mark Twain

I think the answer to the original question is "How did NAFTA work out for the US?"

Back