What's new
What's new

What does China-based CNC Machining Shop meant to you guys?

Leonh

Banned
In the past, manufacturing in China mostly meant cheap. In the old days, both manufacturers here and their global customers were thinking about how to maximize their profits, so quality was not their first priority. But now many Chinese CNC machining company thinking about how to build up their reputation. Branding is more important for them.

Chinese companies can produce quality but few are willing to pay what it costs. Many US businesses thrive on cheap
Chinese imports. I've been in Walmarts 2 or 3 times in the USA. Things are inexpensive but not "rubbish". Not exactly high quality either. Most things though are imported.

However the main point of the OP was spam. If the link had been left out the OP would have been interesting.

I use links to my own products myself - but primarily when answering questions.

One thing's for sure - this particular chinese machine shop is not making itself any friends :)

That's true, but look how far they've come. The Japs went from shit quality to high quality. The Chinese have gone from unusable useless shit, to unusable useless shit.

This is not a fair comparison.

Japan has always made high quality, technically advanced products for domestic use and for export. After WWII, things were so FUBAR, they turned to low quality, cheap, exports to rebuild their economy. However, the knowledge and craftsmanship was always there.

Eventually, Japan recovered enough to phase out the low cost, low margin, low wage export work and focus on higher quality items, much like other developed nations (US, Canada, Western Europe).

China has never really had that kind of ability. Maybe they are growing it now, but it's far from the point where it can sustain them. They still desperately need that low cost, low wage, low margin work in huge volumes to stay afloat.

In the past, manufacturing in China mostly meant cheap. In the old days, both manufacturers here and their global customers were thinking about how to maximize their profits, so quality was not their first priority. But now many Chinese CNC machining company thinking about how to build up their reputation. Branding is more important for them.

i have seen plenty of Chinese made molds making plastic injection molded parts. sure some parts aint perfect the first time. a lot of parts made in other countries are not perfect the first time too
quality control systems take time to develop and appreciate their importance. there are people thats their only job setting up a companies quality control systems

That's true, but look how far they've come. The Japs went from shit quality to high quality. The Chinese have gone from unusable useless shit, to unusable useless shit.

I've got a feeling you don't know how much of what you buy is in fact Made in China either wholly or partially.

1 Famous American Brands That are No Longer American | Business Insurance Quotes: Compare Providers for Free

7 High End Brands That Are Made in China ... Fashion

Brands Names Made In China, Brands Names Made In China Suppliers and Manufacturers at Alibaba.com

Made in China, a luxury label ? - Marketing China

Any sensible country/company knows that the money is supplying customers with what they want and what they can afford.

I have respect and evaluate any competition I mean any especially local and maybe a collegue is better at something than I . Usually I can ask them and they are glad to tell me or I watch them do it and consider if quality of tooling or better experience is involved. I am glad the Chinese are manufacturing and enjoy making money as it is better than pure Communism I believe. They are likely doing the same as me towards them and it is to eval what they do good and make any needed adjustments to still be competitive.

I've got a feeling you don't know how much of what you buy is in fact Made in China either wholly or partially.

1 Famous American Brands That are No Longer American | Business Insurance Quotes: Compare Providers for Free

7 High End Brands That Are Made in China ... Fashion

Brands Names Made In China, Brands Names Made In China Suppliers and Manufacturers at Alibaba.com

Made in China, a luxury label ? - Marketing China

Any sensible country/company knows that the money is supplying customers with what they want and what they can afford.

Yes seeing these links really backs up the comment about it being spammy.

It's a common mistake IMO to compare the China of today with Japan of yesterday as their business models are completely different.

When the Japanese started exporting to the west they did so by raising standards of design and quality and in doing so they built brands that stood for something that could be trusted. Take Honda in the 1960's, no one ever made 5 cylinder 125cc racing motorcycles that revved over 20K until Honda came along and no one made 4-stroke 125 twins with an OHC that revved to 10K that had a warranty that you buy from a dealer. The Japanese raised standards

The same cannot be said of China, where are the quality improvements and the brand names? Seriously where are they? Sure the Chinese have made big bucks by state sponsored undercutting which has tilted wealth in their direction, but remove the cost advantage and there's little if anything sustainable. I wish there was but the state micromanages everything in the mistaken belief that it's creating competitive industries, it's pseudo capitalism that creates dependency and not real winners!

Just my 2 cents worth.

I will give the company that is spammed here credit. At least since they are trying to market to English speakers they have a website deigned by a person who speaks good English, which is uncommon these days.

you can't polish a turd.
:vomit:

I've been in the checking fixture game for 14 years. I've seen lots of Chinese fixtures over the years, and they've pretty much been all shit. They "look" nice, but are all over the map (I call them immaculate deception). Take anything apart and it's full of crazy glue, and it never goes back together right, etc..... Last week we got some fixtures in to update to latest rev level, and not only were they the nicest Chinese fixtures I've ever seen, they're right up there with the best fixtures I've seen period. The only thing I could think of was.....faaack. They've got it. They're still a couple questionable construction methods, but for the most part it's game over.

I know they've been able to make good quality gauges for quite a while now, but I've always heard those shops at the end of the day were close enough with us for price and delivery that it wasn't worth rolling the dice. These last ones were quite a bit cheaper than we would have quoted, and the quality and accuracy was right up there with us. Heard from another customer of ours who pretty much said don't expect any new builds from us anymore, just revisions....not sure that's going to be a great way to keep the doors open.....

I've been in the checking fixture game for 14 years. I've seen lots of Chinese fixtures over the years, and they've pretty much been all shit. They "look" nice, but are all over the map (I call them immaculate deception). Take anything apart and it's full of crazy glue, and it never goes back together right, etc..... Last week we got some fixtures in to update to latest rev level, and not only were they the nicest Chinese fixtures I've ever seen, they're right up there with the best fixtures I've seen period. The only thing I could think of was.....faaack. They've got it. They're still a couple questionable construction methods, but for the most part it's game over.

I know they've been able to make good quality gauges for quite a while now, but I've always heard those shops at the end of the day were close enough with us for price and delivery that it wasn't worth rolling the dice. These last ones were quite a bit cheaper than we would have quoted, and the quality and accuracy was right up there with us. Heard from another customer of ours who pretty much said don't expect any new builds from us anymore, just revisions....not sure that's going to be a great way to keep the doors open.....

Of course. it's possible they out sourced them from us.

latest trend is getting stuff cast and machined in Thailand by a Japanese company running a factory there. not Taiwan but Thailand
same as Vietnam makes a lot of shoes now. imports are actually moving away from China to other countries even cheaper.

Of course China can make good "stuff". It all boils down to how much you are willing to pay.

Forbes Welcome

My phone is a Huawei P10 and I prefer it to my "old" iPhone.

Chinese Brands that DON'T SUCK! - YouTube

Sure they can build quality, but the price will be higher, and in the end that increase in price may not make it worthwhile for many American firms and designers to go to China.

Back