UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default To Whomever is moderating the sub-forum

To Whomever is moderating this sub-forum of late:

Thank you. Quality has a much better chance of returning, now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I second that motion.

3. Likes Monarchist liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ahead of youse both, but thot it better to keep my mout shut... for a change. Welll... "for a little while?"?

Now.. how about some on-topic threads?

US and Europe are not clones just because they share being "not Asian".

We compete. Always have done. And partner & cross-invest. Those, too.

We are both "in Asia", and Asian investments are in both of us.

No need to bash anyone.

We have a complex trade and investment environment, complex intertwining needs, high tech to raw materials, top-quality tooling to barely usable. Or not-even.

And it is becoming more so by the year if not MONTH.

What can PM do for its members - and its members for each other - who must operate in that slice of a globalized and globalizing economy?

Whimpering over yesteryear's game, fussing over some OTHER Pilgrim's choice of governance, nor bashing whole nations didn't do anyone any good.

Let's resolve to not be pulled into that cesspool again. By ANYONE.

If the forum can, in fact "clean up its act"? On my head to clean up mine as well.

Cheap-shot day should end now. Nothing further to see.

Let's do some useful work. Add some value, even.

Country
    CHINA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Monarchist View Post
    What can PM do for its members - and its members for each other - who must operate in that slice of a globalized and globalizing economy?
    Kick them in the ass.

I'm serious ! It's unbelievable how many times I will reply to an ad or call someone up or HAVE SOMEONE WITH MONEY IN THEIR HAND WAITING but US sellers pull the "Oh you're from China must be a spammer ! Oh that's too much trouble ! Oh, we can't sign a sales contract, we only do invoices."

Too much trouble to have the Mexican kid run a wet rag over the machine, to pass an inspection and collect another $80,000 ?! Too much trouble to scan a page out of the manual that has the floor plan so the buyer can prepare ? Too much trouble to put down the chocolates and get out of bed to do the damn job ?

It's enough to drive a person crazy. Snivel snivel snivel about China China China then up comes a chance to sell something and it's "too much work. That's not enough money. I heard you guys are rich I want $50,000 for this piece of toast. We don't do it that way. What's an l/c ?" Or they don't even bother to answer at all for nineteen days.

Has anyone under the age of fifty heard of REPLYING TO EMAILS ?! My mom would wear her hand out slappping these people. Even a "gottit, thank you" is enough !

If people are too fucking lazy to do the work, I can't see ANY future for US exports. Or the US in general, in fact

p.s. No, it's not me. I have the polite portion of the staff doing the emails now because it gives me apoplexy when people are this rude and stupid. If I am two steps removed things are more placid in the orfice.

I swear this is true, there are old grandmas in Hong Kong with more experience and knowledge doing international trade than most US companies. And they are more willing to do what it takes, too. It's disgusting.

6. Likes Spinit, AlexO liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SeaMoss View Post
    Kick them in the ass.

I'm serious ! It's unbelievable how many times I will reply to an ad or call someone up or HAVE SOMEONE WITH MONEY IN THEIR HAND WAITING but US sellers pull the "Oh you're from China must be a spammer ! Oh that's too much trouble ! Oh, we can't sign a sales contract, we only do invoices."

Too much trouble to have the Mexican kid run a wet rag over the machine, to pass an inspection and collect another $80,000 ?! Too much trouble to scan a page out of the manual that has the floor plan so the buyer can prepare ? Too much trouble to put down the chocolates and get out of bed to do the damn job ?

It's enough to drive a person crazy. Snivel snivel snivel about China China China then up comes a chance to sell something and it's "too much work. That's not enough money. I heard you guys are rich I want $50,000 for this piece of toast. We don't do it that way. What's an l/c ?" Or they don't even bother to answer at all for nineteen days.

Has anyone under the age of fifty heard of REPLYING TO EMAILS ?! My mom would wear her hand out slappping these people. Even a "gottit, thank you" is enough !

If people are too fucking lazy to do the work, I can't see ANY future for US exports. Or the US in general, in fact

p.s. No, it's not me. I have the polite portion of the staff doing the emails now because it gives me apoplexy when people are this rude and stupid. If I am two steps removed things are more placid in the orfice.
    Cannot understand why you are getting upset about it. That was all part of the final QC/QA step. Any destination. Not just China. Surely you didn't think you had some sort of patent on being "under served", did you?

They failed that QC test.

Who would want a product or service that failed QC right up front?

Be glad of avoiding future grief and buy from some other firm that does do their job better.

Any source. Any destination. And yes, it really is that simple.

Materiel Management is not about "emotion". It is about on-time, on-spec, on-budget deliverables.

Their wish is commercial suicide? Help them achieve their wish. Buy elsewhere.

The problem goes away sooner, and you don't even have to care.

8. Likes steve-l liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well that didn't last long.

10. Likes Gordon B. Clarke, TheOldCar liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rbdjr59 View Post
    Well that didn't last long.
    May even have been a trap....

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Kick them in the ass.

I swear this is true, there are old grandmas in Hong Kong with more experience and knowledge doing international trade than most US companies. And they are more willing to do what it takes, too. It's disgusting.
    TL/DR. Perhaps being less wordy and preachy in your PMs would help.

13. Likes Gordon B. Clarke liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mud View Post
    TL/DR. Perhaps being less wordy and preachy in your PMs would help.
    Think of the others.

If PM wasn't dragging his noisy opinionated ass out of the road of the poor working folk under that "Stinkhigh" roof?

Their damned business would fail from overdose of Gweilo-flakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Give one warning to non post relevant personal comments/insults and if repeated BAN.

16. Likes converterking, juergenwt, TheOldCar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    Give one warning to non post relevant personal comments/insults and if repeated BAN.
    Gordon B. Clarke
    Diamond

Join Date May 2010 Location Denmark Posts 16,858 Post Thanks / Like Likes (Given) 3440 Likes (Received) 7151

Originally Posted by Oldwrench

It's close enough for me. Build that wall and surveil it with nuclear drones.

That is the type of comment that turns a serious thread into stupidity.

Is it time for a warning?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Kick them in the ass.

This is an incredibly valid post. I know countless people who had the exact same experiences and not on $5 items on eBay. And it's not only this : trying to talk on the phone with US "businessmen" is a pain one needs to experience in order to comprehend. Retardation springs to mind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    Respectfully : what don't you make your own Forum ( it's FREE ) and take it from there ? In the end YOU did insult quite a few people and I wouldn't want to see you banned.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wyoming
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's close enough for me. Build that wall and surveil it with nuclear drones.
    That is the type of comment that turns a serious thread into stupidity. Is it time for a warning?
    Coming from the chief instigator of countless stupid, provocational threads, that is positively ludicrous. Hyperbole is the only sane response to some of the posts on here. It's a literary device that is obvious to most people, but you seem to miss it every single time.

21. Likes Monarchist, converterking, camscan, AlexO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oldwrench, there is a thread in the shop owners forum about business insurance. Would you share how you handle product liability insurance? It angers me when Gordon trys to insult your opinion. I have learned much from your posts.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by converterking View Post
    Oldwrench, there is a thread in the shop owners forum about business insurance. Would you share how you handle product liability insurance? It angers me when Gordon trys to insult your opinion. I have learned much from your posts.
    Can't let Gordon's behaviour make a person angry. Fox and the Scorpion parable..

Well.. Hmm.. OK. That's too heroic. Doesn't really work, does it?

Would you believe Fox and an athlete's foot fungus infection?

24. Likes converterking liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes. Please do. Also, we could do with an update on how that printer is faring.

For what it is worth, that ( above ) is exactly what so many object to about some specific individuals, here. They spend their efforts denigrating/belittling others, and inciting discord, while doing little to nothing in the contribution to actually relevant topics and discussion.

Of course, one can imagine that it is easy, requiring neither much effort nor much intelligence, experience, or actual knowledge of things relevant and topical, so they operate at this baser level. One can only imagine that the origins are rooted in some lack of self esteem or actual ability to skillfully contribute on their part.

I am sure that the answer could be ferreted out with some minor effort, but frankly they're not worth even that. It's enough to briefly take note of them for the scum that they are, and then move along to things actually deserving of one's time, effort, and attention.

Some people tear apart and take from the whole. Some people build and contribute. It is rather obvious who is who. Hence, my original post.

26. Likes Mud, converterking liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldwrench View Post
    Coming from the chief instigator of countless stupid, provocational threads, that is positively ludicrous. Hyperbole is the only sane response to some of the posts on here. It's a literary device that is obvious to most people, but you seem to miss it every single time.
    I suggest you read the first post of the threads I start and see who derails them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gordon b. Clarke View Post
    i suggest you read the first post of the threads i start and see who derails them.

results-not excuses

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

results-not excuses
    A fact. There is a difference.