Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    I suggest you read the first post of the threads I start and see who derails them.
    Those who take your BAIT, of course!

How many man-hours of preparation, on average, do you invest to craft those booby traps, anyway? Used to seem about two days, some done in parallel. Now you are slowing down as Miguel takes up the family business of gaming fools.

2. Likes converterking, camscan, AlexO, rbdjr59, D KIRBY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Monarchist View Post

How many man-hours of preparation, on average, do you invest to craft those booby traps, anyway? Used to seem about two days, some done in parallel. Now you are slowing down as Miguel takes up the family business of gaming fools.
    You read it here first.

4. Likes Monarchist liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you regard the threads I start as bait then you are not close to being as clever as I thought you were. You must have had a miserable life to be as you are to all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    If you regard the threads I start as bait then you are not close to being as clever as I thought you were. You must have had a miserable life to be as you are to all.
    In other words people who disagree with you are stupid and the stupidity has been caused by "miserable life".

In general your threads and posts seem intended to provoke and irritate. Not impossible that's not your intention. However, that's how they come across.

7. Likes Monarchist, rbdjr59, camscan liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AlexO View Post
    In other words people who disagree with you are stupid and the stupidity has been caused by "miserable life".
    Just another example of "bait".

His pattern is to pick a subject already controversial, highly polarizing, under discussion for long years by large numbers. One wanting of a solution that may not HAVE a solution anyone could actually implement "in real life".

Seemingly insoluble, IOW.

He tosses in an "innocent" pebble, sits back to watch better folks than himself waste THEIR lives tearing at each other while he enjoys a show the Magnificent Gordo has triggered with so little personal effort.

Parasitizing mankind for cheap entertainment, as it were.

We, not he, are the greater fools.

We fall for it, time after time, even long after we know better.

And he basks in the glory of THAT as well.

Simple enough. Not Machining related. Not Manufacturing relevant. Not really even "political".

Just another exercise in one of mankind's many forms of psychotic behaviour.

Guess I'm just too bloody stupid to want to play his game.

Oh, well. I shall just have to learn to live my miserable life some other way..

9. Likes AlexO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He tosses in an "innocent" pebble, sits back to watch better folks than himself waste THEIR lives tearing at each other while he enjoys a show the Magnificent Gordo has triggered with so little personal effort.
    Well, he's a troll and we keep giving them "the benefit of the doubt".
    We should give them syphilis. Or Ebola.

11. Likes Zahnrad Kopf liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AlexO View Post
    Well, he's a troll and we keep giving them "the benefit of the doubt".
    We should give them syphilis.
    Too greedy as to be classed a mere troll. Fancies himself "MOFU" - Master of the F***with Universe.

But that's interesting. One wonders if having HAD syphilis is what starts them off?
    Or Ebola.
    Nah.

Too merciful by half...

13. Likes AlexO liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We fall for it, time after time, even long after we know better.
    No. By and large, a vast majority actually do not fall for it. He's not nearly as clever as he thinks he is. Were he, this very exchange would not be at hand. There are a fair number of people from this forum that speak with one another on regular basis. Both email and telephone. Some, even text messages. Some even break bread. ( It's one of the things I enjoy most to be honest. I've met a fair number of people from this forum. ) What does not translate to this forum is the surprisingly large number of people who regard him with disgust and will not even participate in a thread if he is involved. The general impression being one that he drags even innocent discussions off topic at best, and intentionally causes discord, at worst.

Can you point out a thread with his participation that did not turn into a soup sandwich?

All anyone need do is look into how many threads he has participated in and then isolate the ones that have actually useful content. ( good luck with that one )

I would imagine that the point becomes positively CRYSTAL clear immediately, if not sooner.

We've all seen it time and time again, since the dawn of Gore's Interwebs. Keyboard cowboys, Chairborne Rangers, and internet tough guys ( both intellectual and physical ) Even back before rec.crafts.metalworking days. In general, simply just Shitbirds needing stroking of their ego and petty neuroses.

Yawn. Off to actually make things and contribute to society. Tootles.

15. Likes AlexO, Monarchist, Mud, camscan, D KIRBY and 2 others liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Zahnrad Kopf View Post
    Yawn. Off to actually make things and contribute to society. Tootles.
    Well put!

Having uncovered my saw under the debris field, off to cut some interesting metals so some OTHER Pilgrim can make things.

Some fish. Some cut a different kind of "bait".