What's new
What's new

3 p/n's .25dia Brass turned req'd for quote

triumph406

Diamond
Good evening.

I need to have these parts made from free machining brass. There's 3 part nos, quantities and tolerances are on the attached print. I can also provide a stp/igs/dxf etc file if required.

The parts are for on of the largest machine shops in the PNW.

If interested, can you please indicate your experience, and type of machine it will be run on.
BRASS INSERTS3R.jpg
Thanks

dave

The 2 attachments are the same, one is better quality, the other I couldn't delete

Attachments

• BRASS INSERTS5.jpg
    BRASS INSERTS5.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 275
Am I reading it correctly that there is a dimension .213 +.001/+.0015" (no minus tolerance)? Also, given the bar stock call out, I would specify a concentricity if that is important.

yes your reading it correctly, it has to be a press fit into another part. The .188 and .213 dias need to be concentric to each other, but not to the .25 dia. Afetr the part is installed, the .25 dia part of the insert gets cut off, it's there to aid in installation.

The overall length can be +/-.03. The finish on the end of the .25 dia is not important, the finish from a parting tool is sufficient.

Lead time is 2 weeks

As long as the parts are in tolerance, finish is met, price is right, and lead time is met, why does it matter what type of machine it'll be machined in?

Is this job still available for quote? pm was full

Is that a serious question? The guy posts two week lead time on Jan 18th. His PM box is full. Even the OJ murder trial jury would figure the job was long since filled.

Back