What's new
What's new

8 inch aluminum channel remnant needed

Tony Quiring

Titanium
We need to build a couple brackets that will require us using 8 inch aluminum channel but only need a couple lengths of 7 inches.

We need 3 7 inch lengths at this time, shipped to central CA.

Our local sources are only full 25 foot lengths so we are looking to see if there are any folks who may have some remnants, drops or leftovers that could sell them to us.

They would need to be able to take plastic as that is how we pay.

What we need can be similar to, but does not need to be exactly this,

American Standard 6061-T6

found at this link
http://coastaluminum.com/wp-content/uploads/pdfs/12 Aluminum Channel 6061 American Standard.pdf

Part number 8CAS303

The material needs to be the 8 inch channel but the wall thickness can be just about any of the available units with the above being the preferred.

Please use PM to follow up or post here if the PM does not work.

You might call Coast Aluminum directly.

I have picked up tube at their warehouse in Hayward and have seen all kinds of orders in the racks with custom cut material as well boxed stuff waiting for UPS.

I work with Dave Paxton at the Sparks, NV location (775) 355-8100
[email protected]

No drops here, but McMaster carries it as well.

Thanks all for the fast responses.

Just went to MSC and they do have by the single foot, a bit pricy but it could work.

The base is only 0.19 and the sides are 0.35 so they are perfect there, but the 3 inch walls are too tall, but we may use them anyway, so this is plan B if nobody has the other material.

We may order one anyway just to do the prototyping.

Merry Christmas to all.

Not sure how well their prices compare to what you've found but Alro has it. The thickness is .395" though. $120 for 3 pieces 7" long.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks to all who provided advise.

The material at MSC has different profile than we were originally looking for but it may be a better final product.

The price is a bit much for the amount we need but that is the way it is.

We ordered a 3 ft length today as we discovered we need to make additional parts so we have enough to make one or 2 mistakes...

Back