What's new
What's new

Anybody make molds? Looking for some 7075 mold halves for an existing base

Parkerbender

Stainless
Hi Guys,

I am looking for some A and B halves for a small mold base that I already have. Depending on what you guys would want for them, I might be interested in 2 or 3 sets. They can be 7075, unless there is an alloy you would prefer to cut. If a guy could get even 5-10,000 shots that would be god's plenty of these things. The lead time is pretty wide open so you could do them whenever you are slow, or already set up for something similar. I have stl's of the two halves from the mold that I already have, as well as a model of the part I am wanting to be making. Sorry if any of this sounds uneducated, it is. I run a machine shop, but do very little molded plastic stuff (like one part so far), so feel free to clue me in if any of this doesn't make any sense! The mold halves are 90mmx110mmx35.5 and 45.5mm, and the part I am wanting to make is 1.25" round x .42" tall, simple, no cores, pretty uniform thickness, and as long as it is close, I make all the other parts in the assembly so I can tweak everything to fit the molded parts... annnnnnd the surface finish isn't even very touchy as we are currently using parts that I cut on the mill.

Anyway, if anyone is interested and would like stl's, or just wants to tell me how stupid this post is, please email me at [email protected]

Thanks!
-Parker

Back