What's new
What's new

Guidance on finding CNC Machine Work

snorris

Plastic
Hello,

My name is Spencer Norris; I am a new managing partner of a family owned acrylic fabrication facility in Toledo Ohio. We specialize in gluing, bending, and polishing acrylic, PETG, Polycarbonate, Sintra, and other resin based materials. We mainly supply POP, Chain stores, and department stores with fabricated fixtures. Along with the fabricating of acrylic displays, we have two CNC machines as well as a laser cutter, which we utilize for preparation of materials for the manufacturing of our displays.
With that being said, these machines are shutting down every day at the completion of fabricating work at 4pm. We would like to see them running more shifts as we have the availability and desire to pursue more machining work to help supplement the business. Valley Plastics Inc. has been in business for 40 years and we have much experience in operating our machines. Because we are searching for more machining work we are trying to acclimate ourselves with the machine side of the business atmosphere and I figured this forum would be a good place to start to maybe have some people with experience help guide us in finding resources for more machine work. We are not looking for a hand me out but were curious of where we could direct our attention. We are not limited to machining just plastic we can work with any material. The machines we have at our facility are listed below.

• Both Machines are updated to use CAD/CAM
• Not working in 5 axis
• Have the ability to provide accurate pricing based off cad/cam program
• Have the ability to nest and figure part yields.

CMS PF102-4T-4M

Fulltek custom Machine
Can work with 4 by 8. Four primary heads four piggybacks.

Full Spectrum Master Series Dual head Laser 90w Dual Tubes
Limited to cutting 3/8 plastic or acrylic but can etch metal

Valley Plastics

You don't have the equipment to compete with a machine shop in metals. Routers are not milling machines.

I would be 100% focused on expanding the product line and customer base. Keep it in your wheelhouse, maybe expand the line to include some signage and standardized countertop displays that people can order from your website.

Job shopping is a completely different animal than proprietary manufacturing. You are much better off with your own products.

Thanks for your response!! We couldn't agree with you more on trying to keep it in our wheelhouse but figured we would pursue other options in case machine shops turn away work that we could do. There was a large increase in acrylic pricing in the last 12 months and we have been a little slower. Just hate seeing our machines shut down! But again thanks for your reply!

SPENCE

Back