What's new
What's new

Looking for: Machining Vendors

sneasle

Plastic
Hi all. I work for a small R&D engineering company and I'm looking for some new names to add to my list of machine shops I call when I need a part cut. Most of my current vendors are swamped with long term work at the moment and most of my stuff is always short-run so we've had issues getting our jobs scheduled in a way that meets our needs.

I like to have a personal relationship with my shops, so if you work for/own/run a shop that checks the high level requirements below, feel free to PM me some contact information so we can start a conversation.

Contractual needs:
ITAR compliant/capable
ISO9000, AS9100, or other similar quality cert

Technical needs:
Most of our work is all 3-axis, usually fits in a volume of 12"x12"8" or less. Sometimes we get larger, up to ~3'x3'x8". Sometimes we need 3+1 or 3+2 axis capability, typically for features such as off axis holes.
Materials are almost always 6061 or 7075 series aluminum. Typically 6061-T6 and 7075-T73XX. Sometimes we have unique 'composite' materials that need to be cut (rarely) and sometimes we have plastic parts (Delrin, Teflon, etc) that are needed.
Occasionally we have need for coating on our aluminum parts, typically MIL-DTL-5541 Type 1 Class 3 Chemfilm.

I've gotten a lot of great responses so far, thanks everyone!

Just to be clear, aside from the other thread I made I don't have any active work to hand out at the moment. My main interest here is to try and find some new sources/vendors I can start conversations with and get added to our approved vendors list.

Back