What's new
What's new

Looking for someone to draw and manufacture a tool of my design

ndh78

Cast Iron
I have a specialized tool of my own design that I would like assistance with manufacturing I have rough drawings in solid works of the individual parts and a working prototype that has been used successfully. There is a patent pending on the tool so I will ask that whoever I choose to help me sign a NDA. Ideally I would like to have the drawings touched up or redone and a solid model drawn of the working assembly. Most importantly the drawings need to be made so that a couple key dimensions can be changed and the corresponding dimensions populated automatically. The goal is to be able to manufacture a new tool in short notice to different dimensions to be determined by the work scope. Once new tools are made to a specific dimension they will be saved for future jobs that will arise requiring the same size tool. Sometimes the time from discovery to needing this tool on site can be 1-2 days even less and sometimes I have weeks or months advance notice. None of the machine work is complicated but it will require around a 24 inch swing lathe and similar mill capacity. I am open to design changes (I have some in mind) and manufacturing techniques. Currently the material is mild steel and aluminum but I think 3D printing could be a possibility with maybe even some sort of reinforced plastic. I am a machinist so I will be easy to work with from that standpoint however I am also a perfectionist and I will ask that things be done correct and professionally. Budget is flexible and the more confidence you give me that you can deliver quality and expedited lead times the better I am willing to compensate. As of now 3-4 pcs per year is all I can see a need for but my business for this application is growing and selling the patent or tools to third parties is an option as well.

PM me for contact info if interested

Good post.. With doing such it is not uncommon to sign a Non-Disclosure paper..
Likely you knew that but thought I might suggest it.
Not a bad idea to know the guy doing the job..could be a crook..out to take your idea..even with a patent you don't want a Bozo crook to be thinking about your invention.
I don't have a lathe that big and am retired, just doing some favor grinding now to still be in the business...good luck..

I do know a guy with big machines and looking for work..Harold at Standish fabricating ...A mid Michigan shop.
He is tooling up my patent item now.

Yes you can mention me "Buck" if you wish.
Honest nice guy who really knows hes stuff..He also has a welding room for aluminium and just about anything, big and small presses, and a well equipped machine shop.. He is semi retired as he does not keep a big crew anymore..

Standish fab: Pardon Our Interruption

Buck

Back