What's new
What's new

need arbor adapter turned

Jcknifeworks

Plastic
Hello, I have a baldor industrial buffer/grinder with a7/8" shaft. I need to have an adapter made to thread on to the existing that will allow me to mount a3/4" diameter wheel on it and lock it down with a nut. Wheel is 1.5" thick so the section of 3/4" must be long enough to pass through the wheel and have room left to get a nut and washer on. If anyone is interested,I can make a simple cad drawing and can provide pictures of the machine. I'm new to the site so don't be too harsh about my post. I make custom knives and run in to quite a few situations where I need small parts like this made for some application. Thanks!

I think that would almost be best done by a local shop that could either come to you or you could bring the grinder by. I have 3 grinders I have made adapters for to perform varies duties. You want a trained eye with precise measuring instruments to design the adapters. Having grinding and deburring wheels spinning true makes a world of difference in how well they perform and how long they last.

Back