What's new
What's new

RFQ: 7075 Adapter

BLKFLD

Plastic
Hello,

I need a pair of these adaptors made in 7075 (T6 or T7). This is for automotive use.

I have DWG, STL and DXF only.

Drawings are in mm (.005 tolerances applicable).

PM me your email address I will send digital files, will accept rough estimates without digital files.

.005 what tolerances apply? Millimetres? Hope you're sitting down when you're opening those quotes.

Not going to quote, but are you going to have a protective coating applied? Moisture will corrode 7075 pretty quick you can see spotting within a day and actual material loss within a couple more in damp environments.

Not going to quote, but are you going to have a protective coating applied? Moisture will corrode 7075 pretty quick you can see spotting within a day and actual material loss within a couple more in damp environments.

Yeah, when I made parts like this I used 7050, hardcoated. They've held up well (at least, nobody's complained).

these are super precise radial brake adaptors for my space ship!

it's .005", I should of done the drawing in inches but I started off with a handful of metric measurements.

I plan on anodizing these for corrosion protection. But will read Millands link before I solidify the specs.

Thanks for the input gentlemen.

Oscar

Back