What's new
What's new

RFQ: Customized steel plates for shop press

ghawkinsm

Plastic
Hello all,

To be clear, this is not a confirmed order, I am looking for a ballpark figure to see if this would be financially viable.

Initially, the requirement would be just one plate for testing, and the annual requirement after that would be anywhere from 50-200 (the design would change slightly between plates).

The rough dimensions are:

8" x 2" x 1/4" steel plate, with ten 1/16" holes in precise locations. +/- 0.005 in

Thank you for taking the time to review.

Hello all,

To be clear, this is not a confirmed order, I am looking for a ballpark figure to see if this would be financially viable.

Initially, the requirement would be just one plate for testing, and the annual requirement after that would be anywhere from 50-200 (the design would change slightly between plates).

8" x 2" x 1/4" steel plate, with ten 1/16" holes in precise locations. +/- 0.005 in

Can you provide more Info please ?
Holes, how many ? Plate, what steel, what finish. A rough sketch if not a drawing would be very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello all,

1 pc 185.00
50 pcs 50.00
200 pcs 38.00
But this is not a confirmed quote
I should add I am not interested but you asked how much I gave you some realistic #"s

Thank you for taking the time to work out those numbers even though you are not interested. Much appreciated!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-11 at 5.31.21 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-06-11 at 5.31.21 PM.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 164
Hello all,
annual requirement after that would be anywhere from 50-200 (the design would change slightly between plates).

Depending on if the yearly quantity is ordered in 1 shot or 2 or 10, and how many plates are the same (is each plate different?) somewhere in the $12-35 range.

CarlBoyd

The other big determinant of price is going to be the tolerance and finish requirements on the 8" dimension. There's a big difference between needing to machine both ends +-.005, or just sawing to length and hitting it on the belt sander to deburr.

Back