What's new
What's new

RFQ: Liquid Fitting

garagejob

Plastic
I have a gas/liquid fitting that I need a quote for.

Your quote should follow these guide lines:

1) ONLY U.S.A. machinists will be considered.

2) 8-12 initial pieces for prototype testing.

3) 100-250 pieces for a minimal production run.

4) My CAD/#2 Pencil skills are lacking, YOU must be willing to create whatever files are required to take this part from virtual to reality with my guidance with reference to measurements.

5) The Parts NEED to be machined from 304 or 316 stainless as these are for a food grade application AND under pressure; typically around 60 psi although the dispensing vessel is rated at 250 psi.

6) ALL QUOTES should include all shipping charges and any otherwise hidden charges. No surprises please.

=================================================================================================

I have high hopes this part will be a hit in its field, and larger orders will follow.

I have measurements and rudimentary sketchup drawing(s) as well as a photograph of my initial part. In an attempt to protect myself, my interests, and my 'ideas', I am requesting that anyone interested in providing a quote for this part, Please IM me with your email address. I will send you an NDA in PDF format and once I have received the signed NDA, I will again email you with photos and drawing(s).

I have previously had my ideas stolen by a would be machinist, the NDA is a must, if you are unwilling to comply, please do not waste either of our time. thank you.

-Garagejob

My apologies,

I did not properly specify that i will need two quotes. one quote for the initial 8-12 pieces and a second quote for the 100-250 piece minimal production run. if your minimum production run is 100 pieces then please quote as such. Likewise if your minimum production run is 250 pieces or more also please quote as such.

Thank you for your time.

-Garagejob

What general size (what size cube does it fit in ?), and most importantly ....What is YOUR payment plan ?

So another idea (no drawings) with "strict" requirements, and high hopes that it will "eventually take off and be HUGE". :Yawn:

What general size (what size cube does it fit in ?), and most importantly ....What is YOUR payment plan ?

21mm x 21mm / .85 x .85 with a non-standard thread and a through hole for liquid transfer.

payment plan? I will pay for parts as need be. cash, check or paypal should work i hope? payment details i would assume would be included in the quote?

So another idea (no drawings) with "strict" requirements, and high hopes that it will "eventually take off and be HUGE". :Yawn:

I never said HUGE but one could hope right? we are not in ANY business for mediocre returns. I am not anyways, are you?

as mentioned drawing photo and further info will be submitted once my "strict" requirements are met. obviously your not interested, and your comments are not helpful. thanks anyways.

Your CAD skills are lacking, so that means when it doesn't work, it'll be the shops fault and not yours?

What did you design that was stolen away from you, the wheel? :icon_bs:

If your not interested in making prototype parts for customers move on. Don't waste my time with your asinine remarks. Seriously, go be a troll elsewhere.

If your not interested in making prototype parts for customers move on. Don't waste my time with your asinine remarks. Seriously, go be a troll elsewhere.

No one is trolling you. You have 7 posts here, not exactly a member in most eyes. You say the quoter(?) will be responsible to make all necessary files, what?! really!? Now that would be ok *maybe* if you posted a drawing/picture/sketch and had some dims and things to look at, not so much when you spout on about an NDA and how some other "would be machinist stole your idea".

Are you planning on paying for the design? Are you going to hold them liable if they miss something? You can't just design a fitting that will carry gas/liquid on a freakin napkin! Any idea of class of fit you will need for threads? pressure rating? safety factors? o-ring fits/material? All of which I doubt being your "4) My CAD/#2 Pencil skills are lacking, YOU must be willing to create whatever files are required to take this part from virtual to reality with my guidance with reference to measurements. "

You have proven my point yet again Mike. Please move on, you obviously have no interest in quoting my parts since you are unable to read the part about AFTER NDA I will disclose more info. So please. Move on, I will not ever entertain sending you any files at this point. But again, thanks for proving my point and wasting more of my time.

I personally don't see where garagejob has done anything wrong....yet :skep:

You all seem to want to "lead the band-wagon" on this one? WTF

He asked to take it to email, as should happen. It is how most business is conducted.
He asked for separate prototype, and production pricing. Even to list minimums if applicable.
An NDA is SOP, how long have you guys been doing this?

I see nothing wrong here.

I personally don't see where garagejob has done anything wrong....yet :skep:

You all seem to want to "lead the band-wagon" on this one? WTF

He asked to take it to email, as should happen. It is how most business is conducted.
He asked for separate prototype, and production pricing. Even to list minimums if applicable.
An NDA is SOP, how long have you guys been doing this?

I see nothing wrong here.

You may have a point.
My opinion for what it's worth is the approach just sounds wrong. The whole thing about a would be machinist stealing his idea sounds fishy(?). Maybe it is the term 'would be machinist' that sounds completely derogatory and just set the tone for me. Between that comment and the whole thing about producing the files sounds like the home inventor type... <shrug>

Have no real issue with an NDA, when done in a (legitimate) business fashion, again, the approach seems off to me. I would be interested to see if anyone bids and if it works out. ;)

_Garagejob,

Having a machinist design your part is out of order. You need to pay a designer to make up a properly dimensioned and toleranced drawing and model. Then you will take the responsibility for your design.

Now you can ask a machinist to quote to your drawing and he will know exactly what needs to be done because you have told him so.

Things will be much easier this way, trust me.

sounds like the home inventor type... <shrug>

My best customer is a home inventor type that send out an RFQ on this board.
You have seen my thread. I would be nowhere near where I am without him.
Don't believe me? Ask Phil, he has watched the whole thing personally. Shit snowballs in a big way.
You may want to re-evaluate your perception of the home inventor type!

Let the man do exactly what he asked to do, take it to email. If it gets fishy, the smell will surface.

Back