What's new
What's new

RFQ: prototype 3d print parts needed, St Louis area

JST

Diamond
Prototype quantities of 2 parts, with a 3rd if it is practical to do.

Details of course direct.

Can supply STEP, IGES, STL, and some other formats, if needed.

Material ABS ....... (I understand PVC is not practical)

First part is about 3.25 diameter, 4" tall, wall thickness 0.125, with some internal structure. one end is somewhat like a funnel. CAD shows volume as 5.4 cubic in. 2 parts

Second part is an open-ended box about 5/8 x 1.4 x 2.5" CAD shows volume 0.4 cubic inch 5 parts

There is also a rubber or elastomer part which may or may not be possible, 2.25 diameter x 2 125 tall Cad shows volume 1.6 cu inch. 2 parts

JST
We'd be happy to take a look at your project. While it is not super high resolution, we do have 3D printing capabilities.
If you're interested, send your STL files to [email protected]

Thanks,
Doug Pryor
David Wolfe Design, Inc.

Forgot to reply on the outcome here.

Got the parts from DMK Machining in Illinois, and they are entirely satisfactory at a good price. Recommended.

Forgot to reply on the outcome here.

Got the parts from DMK Machining in Illinois, and they are entirely satisfactory at a good price. Recommended.

Did you get printed ones, or machined from solid ?

Sorry for delay in replying

Printed. ABS.

Yeah, I see the issue, the company name....

I got three different parts printed, total of 8 parts, since I got 2 extra of one of them.. They fit and are good prototypes.

You do not even want to think about machining from solid on these..... it would be a workout for a many axis CNC. But not bad to injection mold. The negative shapes are not nearly as bad as machining a positive, which is common for molding..

JST,
Glad to hear you you got your prototypes. You mentioned molding. If your project ever gets to that point, we'd appreciate the opportunity to look at it in that regard.
David Wolfe Design, Inc.

JST,
Glad to hear you you got your prototypes. You mentioned molding. If your project ever gets to that point, we'd appreciate the opportunity to look at it in that regard.
David Wolfe Design, Inc.

Will keep you in mind, but the client will select the producer.

Back