What's new
What's new

RFQ - Quantity 2 Waterjet Parts

JLeather

Cast Iron
[FONT=&quot]I need two of these blanks cut from 1/2" 6061. Only some of the dimensions are shown, just for an idea of the size (roughly 12" x 4 3/4"). I can provide the .dxf. I was hoping maybe someone could squeeze these in on a waterjet run of other parts.

[/FONT]
Mount Plate.JPG

It's a simple part to mill but even simpler to waterjet. I would never pick the mill over waterjet unless there was a tolerance that couldn't be held or something.

Sure it's easier on a water jet, but is it cheaper?.......................'round here that part would cost way more jetted than milled. Most places would have a $150-$200/min.........................................

Sure it's easier on a water jet, but is it cheaper?.......................'round here that part would cost way more jetted than milled. Most places would have a $150-$200/min.........................................

I know we are a little far away, but I'd be happy to provide a much more competitive waterjet and laser rate to you with no minimums. It would seem feasible for parts that ship in flat rate boxes, and we have also flat rate contracts in place for LTL shipments under 2500 lbs.

So you're telling me you would make two of these in a mill for less than $75/pc?:icon_bs:

Larry’s CNC;3082170 said:
I run a waterjet let me check if I have enough material

Larry’s CNC;3082182 said:
I have enough material to waterjet these I’ll pm you now

Hey Larry,
Good thing you joined up to just look for work here.............................................:rolleyes5:

Yeah................this forum is intended for members that actually participate and contribute. It's not a free online work brokerage..................

So you're telling me you would make two of these in a mill for less than $75/pc?:icon_bs:

That's a simple part.

I have 3/4" plates with multiple 1/2-13 tapped thru. I put a 1/8 plate on top with matching .531 thru holes so I don't machine the 3/4 plate. I'd put in 2 .5 holes in the part on the BP, fasten it down thru the centers, machine the outside, 2-3 minutes, clamp the ends down, remove the 2 hold down fasteners, 5 minutes, then do the center holes, 2-3 minutes. If I'm doing 2 parts, the setup and programming is going to be the majority of the $'s.

Not including setup and programming, in quantity that's a sub $20 part.(+ mat'l)

For 2 parts I'd probably be around $100 + mat'l. that's for somebody who walks thru the door, if I have to then go to the PO/FedEx etc, it starts to become inconveniant and time consuming.

In my experience somebody who wants you to "squeeze it in with other parts"isn't inclined to want to pay the full cost of making a part (procurring mat'l/programming/setup/machining/ etc)

Yeah.................never said anything of the sort........................:rolleyes5:

All I said was local waterjet would be $150-200 minimum.........they'd prolly charge ya $250 or more for those parts.

But if you really need to know what I would charge......................................:Yawn:

Material: $20(both) 1/2x5"
Program, set up, cut, tear down, toss 'em in a box, print out UPS label: no more than 2 hrs(That's kinda liberal on the time. And if you can't do in that time, you suck.) 2hrx$75=$150

So yeah, $170 out the door. But since it's Friday and I'm sippin' on a brewsky and I'm awesome, I'd send them out the door for $75 or less/each. Just cuz...........................:cool: Peace! I'm out..............

Back