What's new
What's new

RFQ: Screw machined spacers

Prototyper

Aluminum
​Hello,
I am in need of a machined spacer (turned washer). Please see specs below, and provide a quote for 2500 Pcs. Our annual usage is around 5000 pcs. I apologize that I don't have a proper drawing at this time.

Screw Spacer specs:
All dimensions in inches
OD: 0.218 +/- .005
ID: 0.138 +.005/- .000
Length: 0.052 +/- .005
Mat'l: Stainless Steel 316, 302 or 303, passivated

No chamfers, fillets, or surface finish requirements. Remove any burrs or sharp edges (vibratory tumble?).

Thanks in advance!

​hello,
i am in need of a machined spacer (turned washer). Please see specs below, and provide a quote for 2500 pcs. Our annual usage is around 5000 pcs. I apologize that i don't have a proper drawing at this time.

Screw spacer specs:
All dimensions in inches
od: 0.218 +/- .005
id: 0.138 +.005/- .000
length: 0.052 +/- .005
mat'l: Stainless steel 316, 302 or 303, passivated

no chamfers, fillets, or surface finish requirements. Remove any burrs or sharp edges (vibratory tumble?).

Thanks in advance!
hello, please find my quote as below.

Price usd 2.75 each
payment 30% advance by paypal and remaining at delivery.
Delivery 4 to 6 weeks.

Best regards
nab

​Hello,
I am in need of a machined spacer (turned washer). Please see specs below, and provide a quote for 2500 Pcs. Our annual usage is around 5000 pcs. I apologize that I don't have a proper drawing at this time.

Screw Spacer specs:
All dimensions in inches
OD: 0.218 +/- .005
ID: 0.138 +.005/- .000
Length: 0.052 +/- .005
Mat'l: Stainless Steel 316, 302 or 303, passivated

No chamfers, fillets, or surface finish requirements. Remove any burrs or sharp edges (vibratory tumble?).

Thanks in advance!

Price usd 2.75 each
Prototyper....Well since this last bidder thru the bid right out for all to see,
would you mind commenting on what the awarded price was ? (or at lest near ?)

$2.75 each sounds a bit on the high side (at least to me)

$2.75 each! That is the funniest shit I have read all day!
Someone should start a thread in this section about ridiculous bids, we all deserve some good laughs!

Price usd 2.75 each
payment 30% advance by paypal and remaining at delivery.
Delivery 4 to 6 weeks.

Best regards
nab

$2.75? Does that include a certificate of authenticity for each piece?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

$2.75 each! That is the funniest shit I have read all day!
Someone should start a thread in this section about ridiculous bids, we all deserve some good laughs!
Now I'm pissed I didn't make fun of this guy this morning when he posted... his post is heavily edited. Originally it was something like $5.75/ea, 60 days turn and a note about customer to supply material and gauging. My how things change in a few minutes.

Now I'm pissed I didn't make fun of this guy this morning when he posted... his post is heavily edited. Originally it was something like $5.75/ea, 60 days turn and a note about customer to supply material and gauging. My how things change in a few minutes.

Wrong thread chum.

------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I do wonder about quotes like the $2.75.

On a chucker Y axis live tooled CNC (I don't have a Swiss) this would be about $.30 a part for me at full rate, and that's just about the worst machine imaginable to do this work on. A $2000 old B&S could do this all day while costing just about nothing, probably for about $.10 each. A swiss would be at least twice as fast as my chucker, so perhaps $.15 a part. Punching these would be $.05 a part if you could find a piece of sheet metal the right thickness and had the punches in the right size already. Add a couple hundred bucks for the lot for setup and quoting.

What makes someone put forth a quote that is between 10x and 20x too high to be competitive? And do so publicly even? Hope, ignorance or just wanting to grumble about some sort of race to the bottom?

Back