What's new
What's new

RFQ Small brass part for underwater battery housing

Bowhead

Plastic
Hi! We make miniature underwater battery-operated equipment for use in scientific research. We often need small quantities of parts machined.

When the parts are simple, our primary go-to shop has too much overhead to do small production runs inexpensively. Most shops that advertise tell us the same thing. Meanwhile the great one-man shop we used to use for simple stuff is no longer available.

So, we're looking for help with low-overhead manufacturing of prototype quantities of simple parts. The next part we need made is our GR2107, a 0.615" brass post. PDF and IGS files at the following links:

http://www.acousonde.com/downloads/GR2107.pdf
http://www.acousonde.com/downloads/GR2107.igs

We are looking for quantity 32, delivery 10 weeks ARO. Please PM a bid if you're interested, and please include at least two references we can call or email. Extra points for shops located within reasonable driving distance of Santa Cruz in Northern California or Ojai in Southern California, but we'll consider any shop in the US; we will not consider shops outside the US. Bid via PM on this board is fine.

I can't promise to respond to every bid, but I definitely promise to make a closing comment on this thread when we've made a decision. Thanks in advance!

We can help with this but do not feel comfortable posting our pricing and references on this site. Please call us at 831 345 4893 so that we can provide the needed contact information. We are located in Santa Cruz, Ca.

Thanks to everyone who sent me a PM. I believe I received them all (including those from LibertyPrecision and BSCustoms). I'm thrilled to have so many good options now, when a couple of weeks ago I felt I had none.

We've offered the work to one of those who sent a PM, a one-man outfit with extremely low overhead and well suited for small runs of simple parts. Some other outfits we've added to our rolodex for future work, I've sent them PMs.

So, this RFQ is now closed. Thanks again so very much to all!

Back