What's new
What's new

RFQ: Socket Set Screw Plates

JackMKing1961

Plastic
Looking for plates to hold socket set screws for drilling. Don't care what they are made as long as they are durable and not very heavy. Width and length should be large enough to hold the required number of screws without any wasted space and deep enough so that the screw is fully threaded with its face flush to the surface of the plate. Holes must not be fully threaded, allowing the set screw to "lock" into position for drilling.

The plates are for manual drilling on a standard drill press. The plates are simply to hold the set screws in place and are not for use with any automated drilling process.

The drilling is axially through the center of the set screw. The set screws are then installed in hydraulic fittings to restrict the flow of fluids.

I currently need the following sizes:

M8-1.25 x 6mm. 2 plates. 50 screws per plate.

1/2-13 x 3/8". 2 plates. 30-40 screws per plate.

12-24 x 1/4". 1 plate. 50 screws per plate.

Plates should be rectangular/square with screw holes arranged to best maximize area. Current plates of 50 are typically 5 rows of 10 screws.

If desirable, you can direct any questions to me directly at: [email protected].

Thank you.

Last edited:
Don't want the job..but do you wish all in a row or a number or rows?
Guess your long travel would be a factor.
Perhaps also 2 12/24 plates so operator could be filling one while the other is running..

I think you need to provide more info here.

When you say drill, drill where? Axially through? Not through? Radially?

Are the holders for you own use (you control the process)?

If yes, manual machine(s) or CNC. Intended mfg lot size?

All the time it takes to grab a screw, turn it right side up, put in an allen wrench, screw it into the plate, move the holding plate,unscrew and take out the screw…,

Think I would get a lever vise.. put in a set of soft jaws, drill and bottom tap the three sizes.. then with the vise clamped to the drill press drop in a screw , lock the vise , drill and loose the vise. That seems much faster.
Actually an air cylinder could close the vise..

Back