What's new
What's new

RFQ: Threaded Antenna Coupler

mediopolis

Plastic
Hello. I'm restoring two humvee's and just received my antennas and bases, but didn't realize the elements and bases don't fit! So I am in need of making 3 small threaded reducers, so I can mount these antennas on the different bases. I attached my cad drawing and image of the antenna/base. I'm no machinist, so excuse the drawing if not perfect and ask me for clarification on anything!

I am reducing a 1.25" - 8 to 1" - 8. Having it done in hex bar stock to match would be cool, but regular round metal is fine for this application. Let me know if anyone is interested and the price. Thanks,
Josh

antenna.jpg
reducer.jpg
HIGH RES PDF DRAWING

Are you going to be able to register it for street use in your state? Had a friend who was high bidder in an online auction then found out in California where he lived they cannot be made street legal, so he became a non performing bidder. I actually did some custom work on one decades ago, has to have the must uncomfortable seat and driving position of anything I ever sat in.

Is the electical connection in the center insulated from the outside? I see different materials but cannot tell from the picture.

Are you going to be able to register it for street use in your state? Had a friend who was high bidder in an online auction then found out in California where he lived they cannot be made street legal, so he became a non performing bidder. I actually did some custom work on one decades ago, has to have the must uncomfortable seat and driving position of anything I ever sat in.

Yeah it's street drive-able ;)
I love them, but I also upgrade the seats a little bit with better foam since it's my daily driver.

Is the electical connection in the center insulated from the outside? I see different materials but cannot tell from the picture.

Yes, it should be. If everything is not connected properly where it should be and insulated properly where it isn't you can easily pop your radio when you go to transmit. The center is usually the active element; if you make the coupler without that connected, your antenna isn't going to do anything for you.

I'd like to mention that the reason for that issue is because I believe you have a MRc-145 mount and vrc-110 antennas. Or the other way around . This is a common problem a lot of the radio operators make and accidentally grab the wrong antennas.

Also your adaptor makes the antenna useless.

Back