What's new
What's new

Adding a power drive to a Wesco hand forklift

converterking

Stainless
I have a Wesco counterbalanced forklift like the one in these links. http://catalog.wescomfg.com/Asset/261038.pdf Part No. 26138, 64" Lift Height Counter-Balance Powered Stacker On Wesco Industrial Products, Inc. Due to back issues I have been told not to push and pull this much weight. I have been thinking of taking the drive from an electric pallet jack and attaching it to this lift. I have welders and a plasma cutter to make this happen. Does anyone have advice as to what pallet jack would be the best to use for this? thanks, Terry

Last edited:
I'd say adding power drive to that would be quite the task.

Personally, I'd look for a model already setup powered. Looks like too much work to me, but I do understand the desire of a challenge and having more time than money.

Personally, I'd look for a model already setup powered. Looks like too much work to me, but I do understand the desire of a challenge and having more time than money.
HGR Surplus usually has something along these lines for sale dirt cheap.....more common to have the extension legs in front rather than the counterweight type the OP has, but I have seen both types there, with power everything.

The body of this forklift is only 3 foot long. Every counterbalanced forklift that I have seen is at least 6 foot long. Even if I have to add a foot to power it, it would still be shorter. I have some spaces where I use this that a longer one wouldnt fit.

Back