What's new
What's new

Advice for shipping company.

Ed

Aluminum
What is the best company to use to ship a Bridgeport e head across the country?
From Seattle to east coast.

Thanks Ed

I've heard good things about shipping heavy items using the Fastenal store to store shipments. You take the item to a Fastenal store near you and they ship it on their trucks to a Fastenal store close to the destination. That head would work well strapped to a pallet.

I've been thinking about using them to ship the straight edges I plane for Richard King. A 36" costs about 100.00 using UPS or Fed X... I seem to remember it costing about 50 with Fastenal.

I second Fastenal. I haven't used them myself but know people that have.

The great thing about them is you don't run into scheduling problems. You drop it off, it gets delivered to the nearest store, and they hold it there until somebody can pick it up.

I second Fastenal. I haven't used them myself but know people that have.

The great thing about them is you don't run into scheduling problems. You drop it off, it gets delivered to the nearest store, and they hold it there until somebody can pick it up.

I've used Fastenal to ship
precision machine tooling to a PM member, from CA to FL.
Imperative that one heavily crates the item-first, then bolts the crate down to a stout, even reinforced pallet.
The pallet needs to extend at least 6" past the crate edges.
This packaging is required for any form of shipping.
Enroute shipment took about 8 calendar days...things move on Fastenal's schedule not on yours, however
patience is rewarded with a ship cost that's maybe 10% of a normal, truck LTL.
Additionally, the shipment normally only gets handled at Fastenal docks, not at LTL docks with tweakers
and drunks doing the forkin'. .......that's a real biggie regarding damage in transit.

Back