What's new
What's new

Anyone know what year Daewoo forklifts became Doosan ?

About 2004 ?..... or ?

Website has the entire backstory, both names and their predecessors, at:

About Us | Doosan Industrial Vehicle America Corp.

1998 looks like the beginning, but I've rented Daewoo-labeled much more recently. Parts houses list mast & c. under the Daewoo marque to at least 2007.

And.. may still exist after a fashion possibly as a JV with Cat on the heavies and excavators, whilst Doosan is into small / medium?

Wuddna bothered but just taking a keyboard & coffee break from operating a 5K Doosan dropped off here at mid-day. Cute little devil. Shortish mast even clears the light fixtures on my carport!

Website has the entire backstory, both names and their predecessors, at:

About Us | Doosan Industrial Vehicle America Corp.

1998 looks like the beginning, but I've rented Daewoo-labeled much more recently. Parts houses list mast & c. under the Daewoo marque to at least 2007.

And.. may still exist after a fashion possibly as a JV with Cat on the heavies and excavators, whilst Doosan is into small / medium?

Wuddna bothered but just taking a keyboard & coffee break from operating a 5K Doosan dropped off here at mid-day. Cute little devil. Shortish mast even clears the light fixtures on my carport!
Just now called the Doosan Materials Handling dealer in Charlotte and he said 2005 was the first year of the Doosan logo on forklifts.

Now I wonder what year were the first Doosan CNC machines available to buy ?

Doosan did not want to scare the old Daewoo customer base. They built and sold machines under the Daewoo name for over two years. Late 06 they put their name on them. Doosan had its own line of CNC prior to the Daewoo buyout.

Just now called the Doosan Materials Handling dealer in Charlotte and he said 2005 was the first year of the Doosan logo on forklifts.

Now I wonder what year were the first Doosan CNC machines available to buy ?

Both cases, I'd feel safe in saying it depends on which destination COUNTRY was involved, and what was afoot w/r dealer & support opportunities and legals. EG: dates for even USA and Canada may not match.

Parts of Asia, Africa, or LATAM? Not only has Exxon preserved "Esso", ISTR the old Standard Oil "S.O." survives here and there.

We had the same challenge in several of Cable & Wireless 60-odd venues. Change the name away from "Eastern Telegraph", and a dozen like it, loose a grandfathered 'deal' that was worth hanging on to vs a cold start, modern terms, competitive re-entry.

Back to the issue at hand.. More often there is a dealer or network as held a name via a body corporate, and it is cheaper to re-brand than try to get back full control.

"Daewoo" also sounds more Chinese than "Doosan", so..

They sound equally Korean to me, but I'm no language expert :fight:

LOL! Korean Museum, Government tour guide, Old Royal Palace.. fiercely proud in responding to a question that 'NO! Korea was NEVER part of CHINA!'..

Well... not wrong. Actually, it was sort of the other way around.

What we NOW call "China" had endured a long and fractious history before most other civilizations had yet screwed up THEIR patch for the FIRST time.

:D

Back