What's new
What's new

Awesome Experience with GMC Machinery Moving w my Schaublin Lathe

shufro

Aluminum
I just wanted to share my experience working with Gabriel at GMC Machinery Moving.

I've been freaking out for the past month trying to find a good machinery mover and pretty much called every single name in the machinery moving business in Southern California.

The big names were asking outrageous sums of money to move in my new lathe and ship out my old one.

I was really worried about the move because my shipper used general movers last time. They had a lift gate truck where the crate almost slid off because they put it on a dolly. They didn't know what they were doing and also slid it off to get it in my work room. Imagine sliding off a 1200lb piece of machinery... I thought it was damaged but no, it was just a learning experience.

Gabriel has a truck that's absolutely perfect to move tool room lathes like mine. It can be strapped to a boom that runs down the middle of the truck. He was able to un-crate my new lathe and re-crate my old lathe and send it off to the shipper. Everything went without a hitch even though I was having panic attacks during most of the time. Him and his son were just calm and collected and knew exactly what they were doing. They used a nice system with a pallet jack to move it up the elevator and used wood blocks when needed. It was perfect.

Anyway, if anybody is in SoCal and needs to have something move, I do NOT think you will be disappointed with Gabriel. He was even recommended by some machine sellers that I contacted on eBay.

Here are some photos of the move;

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg5.jpg4.jpg

Are those brand new? Would love to see more pics of the lathes. What are you going to do with them:)?
Holy cow...you bought those new ? Must have been mega-euro. I hope they at least gave you some free Schaublin coffee cups... I love mine :)

I did purchase both new.
The 102N-Vm just came in and replaced the 1 year old 102N-Cf. I really wanted a power cross feed so I bought the 102n-vm. I no longer have the 102n-cf.
I actually didn't get the coffee mug! I'm going to bring that to their attention. They better fly one in for me.

I used Gabriel along time ago to move a machine, he was very good. Not to be confused with Gabriel Hernandez of GH movers, who's also very good.

I think there's confusion here about Gabriel Hernandez or Gabriel from GMC. I took a look at another thread and I think they're the same person. The truck that was used was the same.

I think there's confusion here about Gabriel Hernandez or Gabriel from GMC. I took a look at another thread and I think they're the same person. The truck that was used was the same.

Their not the same, Gabriel Hernandez last time i used him (flat bed truck) had sold his monorail to another guy, who I think still does work for GH.

The other Gabriel came recomended by a machinery dealer, when the guy said use Gabriel, I assumed it was Gabriel Hernandez until he turned up. They look similar which is confusing.

I did purchase both new.
The 102N-Vm just came in and replaced the 1 year old 102N-Cf. I really wanted a power cross feed so I bought the 102n-vm. I no longer have the 102n-cf.
I actually didn't get the coffee mug! I'm going to bring that to their attention. They better fly one in for me.
Do the new 102N-VM have power cross feed? The one I used to run sure didn't (one of the reasons I bought an older Habegger- it has it).

So, there are two Gabriels and they both use the same truck ?

There are 2 Gabriels, Gabriel Hernandez HAD a similar monorail but sold it in maybe '08, that's when I used the guy who had bought Gabriel Hernandez's Monorail.

GMC is Gabriel Cebollas. Clear?

Maybe I used the wrong term. It has power feed in the Z axis.
The habegger had power feed in the X asix as well?
It does. Habegger was on par quality wise with Schaublin, can even swap tailstocks between them. Only downsides are there are fewer of them and a lot less info, and all I've seen have bronze front bearings in the head. I actually like plain bearings but it's a pain on a machine like a 102 not having the higher top speed.

Funny thing, I saw a lot more Habegger machines in the U.S. than here- even saw their version of a 70 there but never here. That was a departure from Schaublin though as they kept the bed profile (but smaller) from the 102.

I did purchase both new.
:) Yep...I first saw one at IMTS years ago the Schaublin booth salesman was sipping from. He said he'd send me one when he got back to the homeland but never did. So I ordered a vari drive belt (which naturally is a super odd size only they have) for my 102N that I needed anyway and reminded him of the cup and got one in that shipment.

FullSizeRender-22.jpg

It does have a handle...just doesnt show in this view.

Interesting they finally have power cross feed available on the 102 series (or do they ?).....that lack of, kept me from buying a late 102N-VM in Canada a few months ago. Dare I ask the price ? Or email me direct at [email protected] if it might cause heart palpitations amongst the huddled masses here.

Cool mug! I have a corkscrew that looks like a ~14mm f-style collet marked Schaublin. Unscrews in the middle to reveal the corkscrew. Lot of wine gets drunk in delemont.

Gabriel is the best, he loaded the Semi Trailer for me when I moved from Riverside Ca, to Virginia. He is quick, has low rates and is very careful. Unfortunately I used 4 other guys doing various moves over 15 years before I found him.

Back