What's new
What's new

Clark Steering Cylinder diagram needed

Aruba1

Aluminum
I have a steering cylinder that needs to be put back together and I don't know what goes where. The cylinder is from a IT40B but other models (even brand) may be the same. Any diagram of how it's put back together would be awesome. steering.jpgSee attachment for how the cylinder looks like. Thanks

Thanks. That looks pretty close to mine but mine does not have any traces of seals for the cylinder itself (#26.0003). I am starting to think that the seals deteriorated to the point that they fell off or something.

Sorry for the delayed report. I was able to find a new steering cylinder and got it installed just fine. Still it wouldn't work. Fast forward to last weekend (2 years later), I thought the P/S pump was bad. I starting taking off hoses off the pump while the engine is running (one hose at a time). Once I got to the supply hose I noticed no fluid was coming out. I always was under the impression that the fluid came off the main hydraulic container or from the transmission and I was wrong. There is a separate fluid box over the transfer case. So I added transmission fluid and viola, I now got p/w and it works as expected.

Some of those Clark steering cylinders are welded together and cannot be serviced. You'd have to cut the thing apart to replace the piston seals.

Some of those Clark steering cylinders are welded together and cannot be serviced. You'd have to cut the thing apart to replace the piston seals.

True, on mine I had to cut the weld. Once I got it I noticed it was severely damaged as a piece a steel gauged the inside. Replacing it with a new one was the only course of action, and, of course, also adding fluid to the reservoir (years later), lol.

Back