What's new
What's new

Crane or Forks Lifting a Bridgeport 412 VMC? Or use forks? Interact mill, 1989

randykj

Plastic
How can I move my "New" VMC!? I bought a Bridgeport Interact 412. I haven't seen it in person.

If I can unload my trailer with a crane, I will save a lot of headaches.

OR, if I can use forks from BOTH the front and the side, then I'll rent a tilt trailer. Then I can roll off with a winch and 1 or 2 pallet jacks!

ALSO! If anyone can provide good Pictures under the machine, I would like to see how I can get under the mill with forks.

Loading will be done by the seller, with a large outdoor forklift. Unloading will be the issue.

Thank you for any help and info!!

We always use forks. They can be rigged from overhead but they are a pain, trying to get around all the sheet metal and other stuff.

Most CNC machines are lifted by sliding two bars through the base. You put the forks on both sides of the base under the bars to pick up. You can pick under the base but the bars spread out the forks and makes it more stable. I'm not familiar with your particular machine but that is the way most are.

Most machining centers will have eye bolts on the top of the column or tapped holes for them. They will likely be metric, maybe 22mm. Don't count on the local tow truck driver to have a set.

Then the problem is what to do on the front of the machine. Some have holes through the sheet metal and you can pull back the way covers and sling to something on the front of the Y axis.

Forks are much easier.

I moved my 412 with a drop deck trailer a come along and 2 pallet jacks. In the manaul it show lifting via crane and leveling bar through the colom. If you need a couple pictures of this part of the manul pm me you # and will get them to you tomorrow. What control does yours have?

I wanted to tell you guys, thanks for the help!
Loading was a challenge. The sheet metal kind of hangs separate.

We ended up making a giant pallet, with wood beams and planks. This supported both the main casting, and the sheet metal surround.

I had to leave for a school, last minute. So it sat on the trailer for over 2 months in the shop! I finally got it unloaded last week!

Back