What's new
What's new

Do electric walkie straddle stackers ever have tilt functions ?

I'm not seeing it listed.
Are you seeing that large trunion on the mast ?

As you know, the straddle type, ride on ones have tilt done
up on the forks carriage (a little tiny cylinder pops the
bottom of the forks out a bit to effect "tilt")
And that fork carriage tilt could be added to a walkey IIRC.

I don't mean that particular one necessarily, but do any of that handle style electric walkie straddle type ever have fork carriage tilt capabilities ?

Well, there is that large trunion block on the mast just above the
battery.
One could surmise that there is a small tilt cylinder under the battery,
parallel with the floor, doing the tilt of that mast.

Never seen one with tilt, most have non tapered forks as well, with tilt you'd want tapered forks. I've got a Big Joe PDI that I need to run tilted back a bit sometimes- it has forks that mount on a bar so if I need to I can hang a spacer of 1/4" plate from the bottom rung of the carriage which gives 1" plus lift at the fork tips. Poor mans (non power) tilt...

We have a similar one at work. No tapered forks or tilt. Just up down with a manual wheel brake. The hydraulic pump runs off a large car or marine battery. It was used to help replace the very heavy lead acid battery in our Raymond lift. It held 1500-2000 pounds with no issue.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Can the forks be tilted back or forward any ?
Raymond has ones that can be - optional if not already inbuilt as standard, depending on model.

They cannot be the only such supplier. May not be universal, but there's "some" longstanding need besides your own interest.

Back