What's new
What's new

drop-deck trailer rental around Riverside CA?

specfab

Titanium
I am considering purchase of a machine in the Riverside CA area, and then bringing it back to southern AZ via truck and trailer. My logistics would involve needing to rent a sufficient size tow vehicle (my Nissan Frontier seems a bit small), and also renting a drop-deck trailer such as JLG 7000 lb rated trailer. Does anyone know of rental source around Riverside that would do a one-way rental for that sort of trailer? Or is that total fantasy for that sort of equipment? I'm checking with Ahern, but it's the weekend.

I am considering purchase of a machine in the Riverside CA area, and then bringing it back to southern AZ via truck and trailer. My logistics would involve needing to rent a sufficient size tow vehicle (my Nissan Frontier seems a bit small), and also renting a drop-deck trailer such as JLG 7000 lb rated trailer. Does anyone know of rental source around Riverside that would do a one-way rental for that sort of trailer? Or is that total fantasy for that sort of equipment? I'm checking with Ahern, but it's the weekend.
In the Southeast the "one way" aspect would be a major problem....plenty of JLG and No Ramp types available but renting them "one way" is not available.

One possibility I have done a couple of times is to simply buy the trailer you need and then sell it when finished with it. If you buy it "right" you might even make a profit on it. Admitedly this would be pretty tricky to do with a JLG type as there are so few on the market for sale. I have done it with standard 10K capacity tag a long ramp trailers and enclosed trailers. The enclosed trailer I sold for a couple hundred more than I paid even considering the sales tax and everything...people go nuts over nice used enclosed trailers.

Same deal with forklifts.... buy one "right" at your destination, use it to unload and then sell it...cheaper than renting.

Back