What's new
What's new

Fluid level for Clark elect stacker NP-300-30B

Cannonmn

Stainless
I know this Clark narrow-aisle reach stacker takes ISO-32 fluid but don’t have manual so no idea where full fluid level is. Here’s photo showing level about a foot down in the unmarked fill tube, and there’s no dipstick. I’m sure it is down somewhat because the mast has some small leakage after every shutdown. Where should fluid be in that tube?35823BFB-DF38-4607-9894-D6A8F380BAD6.jpg

Looks like nobuddy nose.

I’m pretty sure the machine won’t be seriously damaged by overfilling the fluid tank, at least in the same way as an internal combustion engine would. It could be damaged by running dry if there’s no sensor to cut the power when that happens. So I’m just going to add the ISO 32 so the level in fill tube is about 3” from the top. I also tried to get info from local Clark dealer service dept, but I get a recording and no call back, not too surprised there, I’m sure they’d much rather come out and do a service call.

If anyone needs the Operator’s Manual it is here, but it is a simplistic comic book about how to work levers and pedals, no technical or maintenance info.

OI-374

Last edited:
I'm not seeing any of you pictures and I'm not familiar with that particular model. That being said, I find it hard to believe there isn't some level indicator on the hyd reservoir. Is there a sight glass on the side of the tank or a dipstick at another location.

Overfilling they hyd reservoir won't normally cause any problems with the system. It will just blow oil out the reservoir vent if you get it too full, either from heat expansion or return fluid rushing back in and blowing it out.

Only photo is at thumbnail in op. I put about 1.5 gal. Of ISO 32 Valvoline “part 700” fluid in and got the level about 4” below top of fill tube. Now runs a bit quieter than before. Agree on overfilling, not worried there. I looked all over inside the big access door, did not find any gauge glass or dipstick, probably because the exact level isn’t critical and is probably described in terms of “inches below...” in that elusive service manual. If photo of the actual mo-sheen would be of interest I can slap one or two up there. I bought it used but has been a great help in crowded warehouse, more versatile than our Hyster S60 propane forklift. Another advantage is no starting/warmup time needed, it is instantly on when you turn the key. We were lucky and the battery that was in it seems to have a lot of life remaining even though we charge it with a smaller charger than one with the recommended AH capacity.

Last edited:

Back