What's new
What's new

forklift trivia quiz

JHOLLAND1

Titanium
a. what is derating factor for inverted forks?

b. what is significance of 0.005 constant?

c. what are peek-a-boo forks?

d. what is maximal allowable variance in tip height of fork pair?

e. what is permissable range of fork heel angle?

following answers ----based on american national standards institute publications

I attended "fork lift training" many, many years ago, (40?) and I still don't care.

I've never needed to do more than lift a pallet higher than the back end of a trailer. ;-)

ONE free BEER to anyone who has seen fork lift tines REMOVED FROM SERVICE due to any of the above mentioned faults!

Crashes off the loading dock exempted! ;-)

I had a dealer replace the forks on my 5000# Cat because they had different angles. Every time I picked something up it would tilt and picking up tall heavy items was not so safe. Replaced on his dime as this was a fairly new lift when I bought it.

I have seen people, when the forks were different angles on pin on forks, weld a shim to the back side to make them match.

On the rare occasion, I have used the inverted forks. Just take the forks off and flip them over. Comes in handy when you need a little extra lift or in low headroom situations. You have to be careful not to let all the way down though or you'll tear up the slide locks.

I have seen a fork end bent in a C. More like rolled into a c. Never seen anything like that before. It had about a 6" diameter. I only have even seen the forks bent straight up.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Back