What's new
What's new

Forklift - When you have 3 levers but need a 4th.... new device

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Roco Innovation :: Ditto Valve Kit :: Overview

I could have used this on my previous CAT 15,500 lb forklift that had side shift/fork positioner carriage but only 3 levers (valves). As I needed the fork positioning more than side shift I used the 3rd lever for that and had no side shift function. Thought about just rigging a manual lever 3 way valve right on the carriage to shift from one function to the other but never got around to it.

The Ditto-Valve is not a new concept....things like this have existed before...but maybe this one is a little neater and less expensive by utilizing the steel hose core for a portion of the electrical aspects ? Still better to have 4 levers in the first place but this is not a bad way to go if you don't.

As an aside, I never cease to be amazed at large forklifts that do not have fork positioning carriages....the 20,000 lb capacity Hoist I once owned didn't have that...even greased up, took a long pry bar to move the huge 6 foot long forks to new positions. Ridiculous considering with fork positioning all you have to do it pull a lever without even getting out of your seat.

Back