What's new
What's new

Sharp SV2412 lifting

pianoman8t8

Hot Rolled
Hey guys,
On the verge of purchasing a Sharp SV2412, and was wondering if you guys have lifted them via chains/straps before, rather than a forklift? I need to get from a flatbed semi trailer to a tilt-deck equipment trailer to get it up my driveway, we have a 5-ton overhead crane at work, but not a forklift quite big enough to lift it (6k lbs). I've had no luck yet hearing back directly from Sharp. Thanks for any input.

While I'm not familiar with that particular machine (I did Google it to get a pic), all CNC machines I've dealt with had provisions to lift overhead. Usually the rigging points and rigging used is very specific, to keep from damaging something.

We try to always move CNC machines from underneath with forks or skates.

My SV2412 has 3 padeyes on top, but they are no way suitable for lifting the machine. They are there for assembling/removing the enclosures.

There are fork pockets in the base. The only realistic way to lift this mill off a trailer is with a forklift, imo. It's a compact mill, but it's still 6000 lbs in that small footprint.

If I absolutely HAD to use a crane, I would put slings through the fork pockets, and use a pair of seriously stout spreader bars on top.

Forklift rentals are cheap compared to the cost of a CNC mill, even a small one...

Back