What's new
What's new

Heavy / Large work loading solutions

Monstra

Plastic
Hey all, I'm a new hire at a shop that does a lot of composite work, and we have a number of very large fixtures that go on our vacuum table and the shop owner has asked me to explore possible solutions to loading and unloading the fixtures. Currently, they use a rigged up forklift setup and leave the largest fixtures in the machine to avoid moving and damaging the fixtures.

I'm looking to see if anyone likes or dislikes the system they use for large or heavy part loading into CNC machines.

We are looking at getting a forklift mounted boom, or counter-balanced floor cart with winch, or a floor mounted swinging jibs crane, and I'm looking for anyone who already does this to lay out the pros and cons of the system(s) they use.

The fixtures should all be less than half a ton, the max Y travel we need is about 54", the table height is 21", and the max overhead clearance is 78" (FYI machine is CMS ARES).

Thank You
-Monstra

1k lbs is all?? I jib crane would be cheap, might be able to just bolt to good floor, much heavier and they have to have huge concrete base underneath. For just 1k lbs though my toolbox mounted jib will do that, maybe not quite at 54" but dang close. I really want to put a 500-1k lbs bridge crane in my shop, just wish the ceiling was higher than 11'
Untitled.jpg
Untitled-3.jpg

Lots of options.

Hoyer patient lifts are good go 400 pounds in normal size and are good example of something that can be made.

They also have larger electric ones.

Engine cherry picker is another that are good for 4000 pounds.

What matters is floor space and navigation as you need to be able so safely pick, place and move.

Also very important is the speed control for lowering the part so it safely lands this is where the medical stuff works well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Back