What's new
What's new

Hook Lift Bed for Pickup Truck (Amerideck)

Those are made down the road from me a bit, I have seen a couple in Erie, but many more are popping up on mid size trucks, lo-pro's, f-550's and others with 19.5 tires.

In that size (5 ton) there are a couple of business's here that are using them.
Mostly landscapers.

One company popped up with a fleet of those, doing "mini dumpster" jobs all
around town (dumpster= "skip")

I see one major trailer manuf has something very similar for a gooseneck trailer:
PJ Trailers | Rollster™ Roll Off Dump
I don't know if amerideck makes the roll off portion, or if it will cross over
to share dumpsters/flatbends etc.

Well I have seen them on the F-550 class trucks before, but I never saw a version for a 3/4 ton pickup.

It seems like their marketing is targeted toward the motorcycle and landscaping crowd, but I can think of a million other uses: light machinery moving, scrap hauling, you could mount mobile welding equipment on a bed. I like the van body because there are times when I need something enclosed, but I wouldn't want it all the time.

Well I have seen them on the F-550 class trucks before, but I never saw a version for a 3/4 ton pickup.

It seems like their marketing is targeted toward the motorcycle and landscaping crowd, but I can think of a million other uses: light machinery moving, scrap hauling, you could mount mobile welding equipment on a bed. I like the van body because there are times when I need something enclosed, but I wouldn't want it all the time.
Yes, I have seen them on 1/2 ton pickups...However, adding it on top of the
standard bed puts the load up higher yet, and reduces the capacity almost
to unusable.
Usually people with 4 wheelers don't put them on top of the top
rail of the pick up bed, rather down inside the bed. With the amerideck,
4 wheelers and other stuff is too high in the air.
If one was to take a pickup truck and remove the original bed, to retrofit
the amerideck system, it might work out better.

EDIT: I think the pickup truck version (2000lb or so) could be successfully
applied to a small single axle trailer, instead of installing inside the existing truck bed.
Also, with an investment of this price, I really don't
want to spend it on a single truck, that may get sold in 5 years or so.

A trailer can be pulled with anything with a hitch.

Last edited:

Back