What's new
What's new

How to move a milling machine like a PRO!

When you have a set of roll a lifts why on earth would you go to so much effort to move the mill the way you did. I have moved many bridgeport mills with roll a lifts mounted one on each side of the machine

Very misleading thread title, I don't see anything "pro" in the video.

You help us with any tips?
Now that's funny.
The OP's profile indicates we are in the presence
of a "professional rigger"

And the first posting says that the OP will be entertaining
us with much more videos.

Trying to watch the video led me to one conclusion.....
I wasted my time viewing it.

I have moved a lot of mills like that and never once used skates under it or even had the thought of putting it on skates pass through my mind.

Moving a BP is a matter of stopping forklift close to mill, grabbing a short chain with open hooks, hook one end to mast, walk around mill and hook other end to other side of mast. Then drive wherever you want and the mill will follow.

If I need to move a BP less than 5' or so I just push it there. On smooth concrete I can push one easier than walking to the forklift. Just alternate pushing on each side of the table and it walks across the floor easily.

I once moved a 5 ton lathe by myself and didn't feel professional in the least. Based on this video, I are a pro...... shoulda had my video rolling!!!

I normally don't promote wading in on the new guy, however, this self- promotion in this crowd will not bode well...... Now, let's see some more pro moving tips!!!

I can't help but think of the dufuss dropping his radial arm drill. That was classic
If you mean the multi-ton radial arm drill that was dropped and broken into several pieces, the most classic part was his belief that he could weld it back together and get any sort of use out of it again. Some of the casting sections were a couple of inches thick. We all know how much fun it is welding cast iron.

Y'all want a measure of just HOW f**ked up this Pilgrim is?

Just take note that for once in a rare chartreuse moon with pink polka dots.. even I am struck speechless.

:(

If you mean the multi-ton radial arm drill that was dropped and broken into several pieces, the most classic part was his belief that he could weld it back together and get any sort of use out of it again. Some of the casting sections were a couple of inches thick. We all know how much fun it is welding cast iron.

There are numerous videos of him welding it and using it. As I recall it was just the motor mount that broke off.

Back