What's new
What's new

Loading a container with a forklift above ground level

That's amazing... and somewhat safe with enough experience....which they seem to have....excellent coordination and aim. I'd rather be the driver of the larger forklift though... :ill:

What amazes me is that they appear to be loading the container from the front of the trailer under it. They have no jack under the 5th wheel to keep the trailer from nosing over on the landing gear.

I've seen pictures of that before. The forklift goes all the way to the front with the first pallet and the trailer tips on the landing gear. The trailer is stuck with its tail in the air and the forklift is stuck in the trailer.

i tipped a trailer once when I was loading off a closed dock and did not realize that the tractor had unhooked and drove away. luckily i was moving slowly and felt the trailer tip.
a while back I had to deliver a traveling head die cutting press to a shop that had a second floor overhead door and no other access. there was a very short dock under the overhead door. So I loaded the press onto a large fork lift and that combo on a tilt back. we drove it to the site then long story short, lifted the press up a good 12 feet to the second floor and was just able to get it inside the opening onto blocks so that it could be put in place with a pallet jack. all went well, but then it might not of! cripes, some of the things I did.

Back