What's new
What's new

Machinery Moving and Rigging Business For Sale

wheels17

Stainless
I'm not associated with this in any way, but thought it might be of interest to this community:

Equipment and Machinery Moving Business

For sale is an Equipment and Machinery Moving Business serving the Western and Central New York regions since 1968.
Their services include large machinery moving, scrap removal, and recycling of equipment.There is a large database of over 100 customers they serve on a regular basis.
Sales in 2016 were $ 391,757 with an Owner's Cash Flow of $ 80,423
Included in the Asking Price of $ 224,000 are Vehicles, Equipment, and Fixtures at a total Fair Market Value of $ 138,000.
This business operates out of two separate 4,500 and 2,500 Square Foot spaces. The total Gross Rent is only $ 1,200 per month and includes Gas and Electric
This is an excellent opportunity for an existing Moving, Rigging, or Crane Services Business to acquire excellent accounts, equipment, vehicles and a highly trained work force to increase their sales and profits.

Almost enough information to calculate price to earnings.

It would be wrong to assume a non-compete.

Who else has copies of "the book" of clients?

Something isn't right here. The Versa-lift in the picture is worth way more by itself than what they are asking for the whole business. Either it isn't included in the sale or it's some sort of scam. You don't have much equipment at all if the fair market value is only $138,000. It could be a decent deal for somebody to get started but you won't be getting much. I'd like to see their equipment list.

People put too much value on client list also with a business like this. Judging by the low value and gross sales, this is a one man show with maybe a helper or two. With small outfits like this, the customers have a intimate relationship with the actual owner. I wouldn't count on retaining very many of them with a change of ownership.

Almost enough information to calculate price to earnings.

It would be wrong to assume a non-compete.

Who else has copies of "the book" of clients?

IMO, you'd be a fool to pay a dime over fair market value of assets without a non-compete.

My thoughts also. How does a one man band have $390,000 in sales, but only $80,000 to the owner in a service based business?

probably bank owns a good part of it

You could be right. That would explain the low asset value but the ad said "fair market value" not "asset equity".

Somebody should contract them and get the lowdown. I'd be curious to see the equipment list.

Could this be it- machinery moving Rochester, NY - United Services GP Inc

They both are located in Rochester, NY and went in business in 1968.

Upon further investigation, If the above is them, it looks like they are just maybe a warehouse and don't own much equipment. Looks as if they just rent lifts and cranes for their jobs from other people or they get the jobs and sub them out to actual riggers. None of the pics I could find have actual lifting equipment with their name on it.

If the above is them, it looks like they are just maybe a warehouse and don't own much equipment. Looks as if they just rent lifts and cranes for their jobs from other people or they get the jobs and sub them out to actual riggers.

Google images tells me the image on the Craigslist add has been lifted from the Cullinan's Rigging website.

Craiglist>>
00B0B_4D9BKKxF2pw_600x450.jpg

Cullinan's>>
imgChange6.png

http://www.cullinanrigging.com/images/changer/imgChange6.png

Tell me that's not the same job with Cullinan's 60/80 Versalift?

Problem is Cullinan's is in Ramsey, Minnesota. Craigslist was Rochester NY.

Google maps tells me that's 1,031 miles apart. Driving right across the southern end of the Great Lakes.

My prediction is that you ain't getting a Versa Lift, thrown in at that $224k price.

There's something fraudulent about that Craigslist listing.

Regards Phil.

I don't know who sells a machinery moving business on Craigslist anyway.

If I were Cullinan, I'd be a little upset with them using my picture.

Back