Largest Manufacturing Technology
Community On The Web
Close
Login to Your Account

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hold on here just a minute, I think things are getting mixed up.

A GAS Colorado is over $40k, per the local paper adverts for our dealer.
    I have not even seen the diesel version locally, nor the price.

The only SMALL Pickup I have read of is the Nissan, and it's $60k.

And neither one is rated at pulling 17,500.

My GMC 3500 HD is rated at a combo weight of 25,500, and get's 9 mpg (454 v-8)

Just because Izusu makes the engine for the Colorado, don't make it the same as the NPR, nor it's engine,
    nor the countless ones in skid loaders.

I stand by my statement that we have forgotten about higher mileage vehicles (what they used to get).
    My neighbors first generation GAS s-10 was getting 35mpg (granted it was 2wd).

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Colorado for Sale: 217 Colorado Pricing | Chevrolet

I never said my truck was a Colorado . . . I was simply comparing towing economy to regular driving economy for my pickup. And if you think I am going astray with my comparison of two trucks . . . skid loader comparisons?

Looks like the diesel Colorado MSRP with 4x4 Z71 package is just shy of $41k. (Comparison alert) Local ads for the full size Sierra indicate $12k off MSRP right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My $250 dollar cargo van seems sweeter and sweeter when I look at new vehicle prices

When you look at the total cost of ownership the new diesels really don't pay, gotta want a diesel. One friend has a 1/2 Dodge with the VM Matori engine and another has a Cummins Nissan. Both of them love their trucks, but dollars and cents says its not worth it. Same thing with the Ecoboost Fords, I would way rather have the stone reliable NA V8 than that twin turbo nightmare, unless you are trading in at 100k...

4. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kustomizingkid View Post
    My $250 dollar cargo van seems sweeter and sweeter when I look at new vehicle prices

When you look at the total cost of ownership the new diesels really don't pay, gotta want a diesel. One friend has a 1/2 Dodge with the VM Matori engine and another has a Cummins Nissan. Both of them love their trucks, but dollars and cents says its not worth it. Same thing with the Ecoboost Fords, I would way rather have the stone reliable NA V8 than that twin turbo nightmare, unless you are trading in at 100k...
    Absolutely right - and when I am pulling my trailer up the Siskiyous Pass doing the speed limit passing all the 15 - 20 mph vans pulling a little U-Haul . . . and then having the cruise controlled 6spd Allison and compression brake effortlessly holding the speed limit down the other side on a 12 mile long average 6% grade - yes, I really like my diesel.

6. Likes Milacron, JoeE., Davis In SC liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    Like a Chevy Colorado or Toyota Tundra or ? Anyone noticed ads for factory rebates or anything serious off MSRP ?

As an aside, just cruising local dealer lot last night they seem to have like 40 full size Silverado pickups but maybe 2 Colorado's ! If that's because the Colorado is more popular, then any serious discounts are unlikely....but thought I'd ask...
    Is that VAAADEN of Beaufort by chance?!?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    As an aside, just cruising local dealer lot last night they seem to have like 40 full size Silverado pickups but maybe 2 Colorado's ! If that's because the Colorado is more popular, then any serious discounts are unlikely....but thought I'd ask...
    After running my Colorado for 4 years, I noticed that they really didn't "replace the s-10"

The s-10 was extremely popular, they are everywhere, the Colorado, not nearly so much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post
    Is that VAAADEN of Beaufort by chance?!?
    Never heard of Vaaaden, but it probably was Vaden GMC.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't see how anybody could put 60k into any mid sized pickup. I bought a brand new 2015 Chevy 2500 4x4 for 39k out the door. Granted, it is the WT model, but still.

11. Likes digger doug liked this post