What's new
What's new

OT: Interesting tow-truck in Israel. Utility as a machine mover?

Around here, a truck with that weight capacity would be hauling
(4) cars.

Normal to see a longer tilting flatbed having (2) cars on the deck, a small tilting flatbed over the cab with a third car,
and a T-bar towing car #4.

Much more efficient usage of truck, operator, and road taxes.

(4) cars.

Normal to see a longer tilting flatbed having (2) cars on the deck, a small tilting flatbed over the cab with a third car,

But if you got a car hemmed-in front and rear, in a city street , and you need to get the car out without damaging it, this seems like a near solution.

How did the truck get that close to the car? If it has some kind of wheel lift fork attachments on those masts how did they get under the car? Are the separate and placed by hand?

I think that previous 10 minutes before that video started would have shown a lot more.

(4) cars.

Yall must have some seriously bad drivers in Erie if a tow truck needs to haul 4 cars. The one in the OP however, has 2 cars weight of useless machinery on it. I don't see it having any use to move machinery or automobiles.

How did the truck get that close to the car? If it has some kind of wheel lift fork attachments on those masts how did they get under the car? Are the separate and placed by hand?

I think that previous 10 minutes before that video started would have shown a lot more.

With no car on it the forks are retracted below the truck chassis. The truck pulls along side of the car, the two fork lift like masts lower, the forks extend under the car, the forklift masts raise together and once the car is high enough they roll across to the other side to haul. All under power, no hand work is required. The contraption is stupid complicated and useless unless the side of the car to be towed is clear.

But if you got a car hemmed-in front and rear, in a city street , and you need to get the car out without damaging it, this seems like a near solution.

They make slippery plastic strip to stuff under the wheels,
they slide cars sideways to get them on the flatbed.

And they make go-jacks

An experienced rollback operator can work wonders.

Yall must have some seriously bad drivers in Erie if a tow truck needs to haul 4 cars. The one in the OP however, has 2 cars weight of useless machinery on it. I don't see it having any use to move machinery or automobiles.

No, they are used by the wrecking yards to pick up from the
impound yards, and autobody shops (the ones declared a write off)

They don't do "extraction from a ditch" type work.

It appears to be modeled after the Jerr-Dan side loader. From stopping to driving away, under 1 minute to load. Only problem with trying to move machinery, is weight capacity. Load limit on the equipment is 5000 pounds and there are no provisions for tie downs.

It appears to be modeled after the Jerr-Dan side loader. From stopping to driving away, under 1 minute to load. Only problem with trying to move machinery, is weight capacity. Load limit on the equipment is 5000 pounds and there are no provisions for tie downs.

Repo guys love that. The quicker they can grab it and go the less chance for a confrontation.

With no car on it the forks are retracted below the truck chassis. The truck pulls along side of the car, the two fork lift like masts lower, the forks extend under the car, the forklift masts raise together and once the car is high enough they roll across to the other side to haul. All under power, no hand work is required. The contraption is stupid complicated and useless unless the side of the car to be towed is clear.

I'm trying to visualize this and just not seeing it. The "forks" have got to be 5+ feet long right?

I'm trying to visualize this and just not seeing it. The "forks" have got to be 5+ feet long right?

Back