What's new
What's new

Stange problem with new Jungheinrich electric pallet jack

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
This is the 6,000 lb capacity one, ECR327A, brand new. The problem is there is no variable traction between what I might call "creep speed" and "middle speed". In other words, you start out turning the "throttle" hand grips and pallet jack creeps forward but as you increase turning the grips nothing happens until you turn perhaps fifteen degrees and then suddenly it jumps up to what I would guess is about mid range speed.

From mid range to fast it works fine with smooth transistion....but slow to middle there is no smooth transition....slow to medium with nothing in between.

Curiously it works fine in reverse...forward is the only problem.

Being new, it's under warranty, so techs came with laptop and changed parameters and it only get's worse if anything. So they put it back to original default, leave, and vow to come back when they know more about why it is happening.

My needs are a bit more particular than most and suspect the average warehouse operator might not even care if it was like it is. OTOH, I have an older Jungheinrich (2006) same model, also with AC drives that doesn't act this way...it is smooth as silk transition traction.

So, any idea what the heck is wrong with this one ? Or is it "just the way they are" on the newer models ?

This is the 6,000 lb capacity one, ECR327A, brand new. The problem is there is no variable traction between what I might call "creep speed" and "middle speed". In other words, you start out turning the "throttle" hand grips and pallet jack creeps forward but as you increase turning the grips nothing happens until you turn perhaps fifteen degrees and then suddenly it jumps up to what I would guess is about mid range speed.

From mid range to fast it works fine with smooth transistion....but slow to middle there is no smooth transition....slow to medium with nothing in between.

Curiously it works fine in reverse...forward is the only problem.

Being new, it's under warranty, so techs came with laptop and changed parameters and it only get's worse if anything. So they put it back to original default, leave, and vow to come back when they know more about why it is happening.

My needs are a bit more particular than most and suspect the average warehouse operator might not even care if it was like it is. OTOH, I have an older Jungheinrich (2006) same model, also with AC drives that doesn't act this way...it is smooth as silk transition traction.

So, any idea what the heck is wrong with this one ? Or is it "just the way they are" on the newer models ?

After 20+ years at a forklift dealership my son went out on his own and the only two trucks he will not work on will be the Raymond due to lack of experience and the JUNKheinrich due to too much experience. It doesn't answer your question but I will ask him when he stops in if there is an answer?

After 20+ years at a forklift dealership my son went out on his own and the only two trucks he will not work on will be the Raymond due to lack of experience and the JUNKheinrich due to too much experience. It doesn't answer your question but I will ask him when he stops in if there is an answer?
Ironically my two older Jung jacks have been great machines. So I buy a new one for the first time ever and have problems with it right off the bat ! Would be a shame if the other two are ok because they were made in Germany and this new one is a problem child because it was made in Texas ! Jungs do tend to have oddball size drive wheels that cost a fortune from the dealer but I figured that out eventually have a low price source.

I am not familiar with that brand or model, but it sounds like a bad throttle position sensor.
The TPS pot works fine in one direction but not in the other.
The older analog ohmmeter works best for checking pots.
You can watch the needle as you move the pot through it's range.

K.

Sounds like a simple faliuer of the resistance track in the speed - throttle lever. Simple replacement should solve it.

Our Barrett pallet jacks will do something similar to this if the speed pot gets off center.
Can you explain that further ? In other words, how do you get the pot back on center ? Via a mechanical adjustment, computer adjustment, pot replacement, or ?

Since I first posted this back in September, the problem has got worse. Also, the natural reaction when it suddenly bumps up in speed is to throttle back but even that is a problem as it coasts for a second...one would think the regenerative brakes would kick in quicker than that.

Back