What's new
What's new

Toyota Forklift parts

MPYOUNG33

Plastic
Does anybody have a good source for Toyota forklift parts? A pulley/sheave cracked on the upright mast of my 2012 Toyota forklift. It is approximately 5.25" and 3/4" bore 3/8" hydraulic hose. There is no part # on the pulley. I can't find anything close online.

I guess it really is a secret society like I originally thought. The problem that I'm having is that my local Toyota forklift dealer is dumb as a box of rocks.

He's not dumb, he's going broke, and he's blaming people who won't pay for a service call.

Try another dealer, have it shipped to you, or try Atlanta Lifttruck Salvage.
Google it.....

No he is actually not that smart. I pay for service calls more often than not but something as simple as a hydraulic hose pulley I wouldn't bother with. The problem I have is that I give them a make/model/serial # and they still can't find the part for me. They either don't get back to me or it takes a week or longer. Why can't I go to an authorized Toyota forklift dealers website and order the part myself?

You'll probably need the model number off the mast. I don't know about Toyota but most mast numbers are stamped into the side of the mast near the bottom.

The problem is, any particular model could have a wide array of mast options. Some of which were converted at the dealer or somewhere down the road by the owner. The mast is almost considered a completely different machine, separate of the forklift.

That being said, the pulley you speak of is probably the same across all models, the dealer is just too stupid to figure it out. The days of real parts men are pretty much long gone. Now, if they can't type model and s/n into a computer and get results, they are lost.

You'll probably need the model number off the mast. I don't know about Toyota but most mast numbers are stamped into the side of the mast near the bottom.

The problem is, any particular model could have a wide array of mast options. Some of which were converted at the dealer or somewhere down the road by the owner. The mast is almost considered a completely different machine, separate of the forklift.

That being said, the pulley you speak of is probably the same across all models, the dealer is just too stupid to figure it out. The days of real parts men are pretty much long gone. Now, if they can't type model and s/n into a computer and get results, they are lost.

Thank you for the information! They didn't even know to ask for the # off the mast. I ended up buying the part NOS off of Ebay. It turns out that Ebay sellers are better at answering spec questions than certified sales reps. It was listed as a Nissan part but had the same measurements.

Something interesting, years ago we got a used Toyota fork lift in very good condition, everything was great for some time until we needed to replace the clutch. Come to find out the fork lift was made for the Japanese market and was never intended for export to the U.S. how it ended up here is anyone's guess.
We ended up re-facing the clutch disc and rebuilding the pressure plate, throw out bearing and pilot where matched from a Toyota truck.
It was a good lift but seemed that there were a few differences between the American version and the Japanese. When we traded it off on a new Caterpillar fork lift I told the dealer about its odd parentage however who knows if they told the next purchaser.

Back in the 80's they imported a whole shitload of series 4 Toyotas from Asia. Most (if not all) of them were manual transmission and fitted with a standard mast and no goodies. They are good trucks but tricky to find parts for. The dealers have no documentation on them.

There is a skid-steer in the same class that shares a lot of the parts with the 4P motor and hydraulics on those series 4's.

Back