What's new
What's new

Way OT.. Missing Option on new vehicle.

Davis In SC

Diamond
Looking at the window sticker from a new truck.. One option on the sheet is missing.. Auto Dim Rear View w/ Display. Not a huge deal, but if I leave a detail from a part I make, it gets rejected. I have been too busy to call/visit the dealer.. Anyone ever had a similar experience? Am I just being anal?

Should be an easy swap by the dealer or get a deduct.

FWIW, I hate the auto dim rear mirror on my wife's 2012 Accord. Much prefer the old style flip up level. The auto dim doesn't seem to dim as much.

It could be an operator issue of course. Never tried to figure out how it should really work. It does something, but are there adjustments? Don't think I will ever get around to investigating.

They have got real sneaky in the last 10-15 years. I buy Chevys and have a new gmc now. They put that cheap (cost wise) rear view mirror option in with one of those high dollar interior upgrades. Seems it's no longer just a $45 upgrade by itself.

Besides the mirror is supposed to be used for hanging dangling CDs from it. Or those deodorant things. Then for the real religious hoodlems they hang their cross necklace from it. Oh yeah those fake carnival beads are real popular around here too

They have got real sneaky in the last 10-15 years. I buy Chevys and have a new gmc now. They put that cheap (cost wise) rear view mirror option in with one of those high dollar interior upgrades. Seems it's no longer just a $45 upgrade by itself.

Besides the mirror is supposed to be used for hanging dangling CDs from it. Or those deodorant things. Then for the real religious hoodlems they hang their cross necklace from it. Oh yeah those fake carnival beads are real popular around here too

Yeah I never use any of the mirrors when I back up the pickup truck--I just leave the 2" steel ball in the trailer hitch.

Sometimes I hear funny noises when backing up, like crunching noises, or screams, but I just keep going so I don't get stuck.

After all, that's what the cops always say at accident scenes: "Keep moving, keep moving" and I try to be a law-abiding citizen.

Yeah I never use any of the mirrors when I back up the pickup truck--I just leave the 2" steel ball in the trailer hitch.

Sometimes I hear funny noises when backing up, like crunching noises, or screams, but I just keep going so I don't get stuck.

After all, that's what the cops always say at accident scenes: "Keep moving, keep moving" and I try to be a law-abiding citizen.

AKA ''driving by braille'' Of course you need a mirror,...... but IME, what's going on in FRONT of you is much more important ..............kinda life and death more important.

Pintle hitch works much better....:D

Looking at the window sticker from a new truck.. One option on the sheet is missing.. Auto Dim Rear View w/ Display. Not a huge deal, but if I leave a detail from a part I make, it gets rejected. I have been too busy to call/visit the dealer.. Anyone ever had a similar experience? Am I just being anal?

I would bet the truck originally came with the correct mirror. Somewhere along the way someone came in the service department with a defective one. To keep the customer happy they sent the lot kid out to "borrow" one from a new vehicle. The transaction was long forgotten and the proper mirror was never replaced.

I would go back to the dealer and let them know you don't have the correct mirror. Since it's on the window sticker there should be no doubt it came from the factory with it. It shouldn't be a big deal and should take only a couple minutes to replace.

Your new vehicle may have came with certian amount of free oil changes or other perks and if so get it fixed then.

Otherwise just make a list of items to follow up on as there may be other questions you have then simply stop by in passing and review your list.

Should be no issue with the mirror.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

I would bet the truck originally came with the correct mirror. Somewhere along the way someone came in the service department with a defective one. To keep the customer happy they sent the lot kid out to "borrow" one from a new vehicle. The transaction was long forgotten and the proper mirror was never replaced.

I would go back to the dealer and let them know you don't have the correct mirror. Since it's on the window sticker there should be no doubt it came from the factory with it. It shouldn't be a big deal and should take only a couple minutes to replace.

Heh, I'd forgotten about the "dealer-installed option" thingy. Could also have been that, and the dealer just forgot to install the option.

Display means the rear view camera displays in the mirror. It not being there is a BIG deal. Should pop up anytime you put it in reverse with the engine running.

If it's not there, I would raise a big stink. It's not cheap or a nothing option.

Display means the rear view camera displays in the mirror. It not being there is a BIG deal. Should pop up anytime you put it in reverse with the engine running.

If it's not there, I would raise a big stink. It's not cheap or a nothing option.

Back-up camera displays on the radio screen .. I assume the display function in the mirror is temp and directional heading, NSEW.

Back-up camera displays on the radio screen .. I assume the display function in the mirror is temp and directional heading, NSEW.

Cool. I was looking at Toyota Tundra's last weekend and was able to compare back to back the rear view mirror ones and the center console mounted ones.

I like the size of the screen on the center console but I am not sure the rear view mirror one isn't more convenient, and it allows me to keep my head up and peripheral vision scanning for side traffic and other things going on around my vehicle. I didn't like looking down while the vehicle was in motion. Probably get used to it.

The rear view mounted ones were so subtle that until I put it in reverse it didn't look like it had a display. I was thinking that would be an easy mistake for some service guy to make and short you an important item.

They are mandatory on all vehicles by 2018. So you will be paying a few hundred dollars more base price on every vehicle made because the "no responsibility" Nazi's cited 19 deaths from people backing over kids. Most no doubt by small women in SUV's and trucks they aren't capable of driving safely in the first place. Never mind the 10,285 people killed in alcohol related accidents. Buy hey, I guess I have probably pissed off enough people with the last few sentences I should stop.

If its spec'd for the truck it should be there. Isn't exactly a cheap option to add-on if you desire it.
It might be a case of an option combination you have knocked that out of the running, but it shouldn't show up on the window sticker if that is the case.
Does the SPID show DD8? (DD8 = autodimming rear view)

What specific year, make, model? For a 2017 1500 Silverado, the autodimming mirror is only available along with the power camper mirrors.

If its spec'd for the truck it should be there. Isn't exactly a cheap option to add-on if you desire it.
It might be a case of an option combination you have knocked that out of the running, but it shouldn't show up on the window sticker if that is the case.
Does the SPID show DD8? (DD8 = autodimming rear view)

What specific year, make, model? For a 2017 1500 Silverado, the autodimming mirror is only available along with the power camper mirrors.

2017 Dodge 3500.

Back