What's new
What's new

Wheel loader wreck

true temper

Stainless
Carnage of the day, I help my friend that has a crane service. This is what we had today.
Loader got too far to the left, on the ramp. Support pipes were 4' (way too far) apart under 3" wood deck.

Attachments

• IMG_0692.jpg
    IMG_0692.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 443
  • IMG_0695.jpg
    IMG_0695.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 555
  • IMG_0696.jpg
    IMG_0696.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 420
2nd that this is what happens when a guy thinks a pice of machinery is like driving his pickup. I've been in the heavy eq business 32 yrs and some got it and some don't!

IMHO, that machine had no business on that wood decked platform. Someone needs to have their nuts kicked!

Yeah...pretty hokey lookin' ramp for a machine of that size. Most places I know would put some big concrete blocks on either
side and make an earth-fill ramp. Much more reliable...

I'm no rocket surgeon, and I didn't stay at a holiday inn last night, but I can't help but notice that big pile of dirt in the background, and the couple thousand dollars in steel used to make that ramp and deck contraption...... If maybe the machine designed to pickup and move big piles of dirt, could maybe pick up that big pile of dirt, and move it, then somehow drive on top of it, kind of like a ramp....

I'm no rocket surgeon, and I didn't stay at a holiday inn last night, but I can't help but notice that big pile of dirt in the background, and the couple thousand dollars in steel used to make that ramp and deck contraption...... If maybe the machine designed to pickup and move big piles of dirt, could maybe pick up that big pile of dirt, and move it, then somehow drive on top of it, kind of like a ramp....
I agree with you its a piss poor ramp. That dirt you see is silage cattle feed.
The unsuported area under the wood were 4' wide and 11' long!!! Way too much span for wood with that kind of weight.

Back