Wheel loader wreck
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Talking Wheel loader wreck

Carnage of the day, I help my friend that has a crane service. This is what we had today.
    Loader got too far to the left, on the ramp. Support pipes were 4' (way too far) apart under 3" wood deck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_0692.jpg   img_0695.jpg   img_0696.jpg  

2. Likes Demon73 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

IMHO, that machine had no business on that wood decked platform. Someone needs to have their nuts kicked!

Stuart

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

2nd that this is what happens when a guy thinks a pice of machinery is like driving his pickup. I've been in the heavy eq business 32 yrs and some got it and some don't!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by atomarc View Post
    IMHO, that machine had no business on that wood decked platform. Someone needs to have their nuts kicked!
    Yeah...pretty hokey lookin' ramp for a machine of that size. Most places I know would put some big concrete blocks on either
    side and make an earth-fill ramp. Much more reliable...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm no rocket surgeon, and I didn't stay at a holiday inn last night, but I can't help but notice that big pile of dirt in the background, and the couple thousand dollars in steel used to make that ramp and deck contraption...... If maybe the machine designed to pickup and move big piles of dirt, could maybe pick up that big pile of dirt, and move it, then somehow drive on top of it, kind of like a ramp....

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by D Dubeau View Post
    I'm no rocket surgeon, and I didn't stay at a holiday inn last night, but I can't help but notice that big pile of dirt in the background, and the couple thousand dollars in steel used to make that ramp and deck contraption...... If maybe the machine designed to pickup and move big piles of dirt, could maybe pick up that big pile of dirt, and move it, then somehow drive on top of it, kind of like a ramp....
    I agree with you its a piss poor ramp. That dirt you see is silage cattle feed.
    The unsuported area under the wood were 4' wide and 11' long!!! Way too much span for wood with that kind of weight.